Register now to get rid of these ads!

how many HAMBers are pilots?...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dawg, Mar 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:( Was SEL rated.But due to money(None)and diabetis no more.Had fun while it lasted.Appx 600 hrs.Soloed in 6 1/2 hours.Instructor was a retired military instructor.Ray Bloomer was his name.Thanks to all who have served,those ARE serving and to those who will serve in the future.God bless you all.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

2. farmer12

farmer12

Capt 737 with KLM. Prefer working on cars though......vicious circle.....need to fly in order to work on cars.

Attached Files:

3. I met a hot rod guy from Horsham in Victoria, Australia who flew cargo planes, I think big ones too, like Boing 707's and jumbo's and the like. His business card says he is based out of San Francisco - far out. -H.R.D-

4. cryobug

cryobug

I have my SEL. Had a Piper Cherokee Cruiser before I had children. N9656K

5. tallhtrddr

tallhtrddr

SEL here since 2000 have not flown much in the last five years though

6. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

signed up for my my classes to get my PPL. but they are booked for the year,
    maybe next year i can start. always wanted to fly planes as a kid.. had many of the gas powered radio controlled planes. that was the closes i could get to flying..
    and as much as i love planes, ive only been on ONE! but it was the best thing ever, to me atleast

7. here is one i use to fly , put about 50 hours on it in the mid 80s. did some goggling of the tail numbers and found this. also found the airplane i soloed in in 1969 (N6359J) and the airplane i took my check ride in N6666W. i knew it had crashed once as i helped unload the pieces from the truck , but i had no idea that it had crashed THREE times before i ever flew it. lately i have been putting a few hours on a Piper Warrior

[​IMG]

8. copterav8r

copterav8r

10,000+ hours, and still livin' the dream flyin' in the Gulf of Mexico. I start my next 14 day hitch Thursday.

9. OfficerBimbo

OfficerBimbo

I fly 737s now. Used to freight-dog Learjets as well as some private jet stuff. While i like flying, I'd rather be driving my 57 on an empty road.

10. I hear you on that... driving the Roadster always brought a smile to my face as well as the many thumbs up from appreciative car folks!:)

11. tinsled

tinsled

Neither am I a real pilot, nor been actually sky diving either, but once I fell off the tool house roof... does that count here?

12. elba

elba

Pilot SEL, and A&P, I have a Vintage A/C, a 1946 Commonwealth Skyranger. Only about 20 flyable. Can be seen on YOUTUBE. type " 1946 Commonwealth Skyranger "

13. Got some T6 time in this past weekend... ran outa money for the B-17 Ride but I tried to photograph the B17 while in the T6! (but I dropped the friggen phone!!!!)

14. PKap

PKap
    from Alberta

My dad had his licence in the 60s and my 18 year old son got his licence last summer. Was a very proud moment when my son at 19 took my dad on a flight this July on his 75th birthday.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

15. Mercchev

Mercchev

Lots and lots of F/A-18 time and carrier landings, now slugging it out on MD-11 for FedEx. Gotta work to support my old car habit...

16. Multi engine instrument 2000+hours.

17. stimpy

stimpy

paper airplanes , crashed too many r/c ones they yanked my sheepskin .

18. Been flying since '58. ATR,MEL,CFIIMEL.. Put in time with the military and the airlines.. Owned a number of aircraft. It's a lot easier wrench'n on and racing cars!

This is the sole remaining aircraft I have. On it, I've done a major IRAN, including recover, twice since 1979:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. drofdar

drofdar
    from Fresno Ca

My Mom was a ferry pilot during WWII. She flew the pursuit stuff - P38, P51, P47. We rebuilt a 1946 Taylorcraft while I was in High School, in our garage. She taught me how to fly about the time she taught me how to drive. I thought nothing of it, as if everyone did this. The VA helped me with advanced ratings and I did everything from towing gliders to transporting hazmat in Beech 18's to get hours. Hired by commuter airline in 1984, I recently retired with approximately 30,000 hours. All, up and down, and in and out. I've never looked back, and do not miss it at all. In fact, I feel as if I got away with something. Drag racing fills the void, I guess.

20. Search Dog

Search Dog
    from Western CT

Solo'd in 1990. Owned three planes over the years: C177 Cardinal, C182 and C205.

I quit when I had a terrible landing in NC on my way to FL and jeopardized my whole family. No damage, but it extinguished the "fire in the belly" to ever fly again. Ferried the plane back home and put it up for sale.
    I'm glad I got it out of my system. I could never afford to do it now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.