Register now to get rid of these ads!

2nd gen painter... Like I had a choice

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by weisnersdesign, Aug 27, 2013.

1. weisnersdesign

weisnersdesign
    from St. Paul

Hello guys and gals of HAMBs. I've. Been around street rods and custom cars my whole life the ride home from the hospital was in my dad pro street cutlass.. I have pics of me blocking a car when I was 2(not wearing a mask which would explain a lot now ha) at my dads old shop back in the day. So naturally like a lot of kids they wanna grow up and be like there father.. Like all my notebooks in school are just filled with flames and car drawings and everything else that disnt do with school work. started painting when i was 15. airbrushinh when i was 20. and in 2007 i did something i said id never do becuasw it was to freaking hard and i sucked at.. pinstriping. growing up i had almost evey advantage to use the tools around me to do anything i wanted and i feel provleaged and lucky to have had that avalable to me..i mean before i pinstriped my first car i was in a dave bell drawinh in the back of street rodder... i dont take anything for granted and im thankful for everything my dad/famiky has given me...Needless to say my father set the bar kinda high and a couple years back realizing that ill prob never accomplish everything that he's done or build the trick shit that he's built or painted...it's funny because everyone thinks that he must of taught me everything I know and all the tricks and what not buy truth be told he didn't really teach me anything... I mean he would set up the paint gun or rig welder at first and say here you go... And I learened by messing up and trying to fix it... Like he would say a good painter/body man can work with what he has and adapt to his surroundings.. And that being said i have sprayed complete bikes(baggers and all) in my dusty ass garage cleaner then any paint booth I've been.... It's hard now days because me and the old man can't really work together because we're both stubborn in our own rights and he's been doing it 30 years+ and don't really care anymore just going through the paces. He give me crap all the time because I work to slow or what not but I do things by the book mainly and make sure that everything is done and done right where whatever I'm working on is gonna hold up and last. And the extra hour I take could mean not taking 8 fixing something.. He's proud of the stuff I paint and quality I do...so I guess moral of that story that probable made no sense is that stumbling across your message board and reading the history being discussed and everything make me think I could better understand where my father is coming from...

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. welcome to the site .....

would you have any photo(s) of your work that you could share with US =)

3. weisnersdesign

weisnersdesign
    from St. Paul

this could take a wile...

Attached Files:

4. weisnersdesign

weisnersdesign
    from St. Paul

Attached Files:

5. weisnersdesign

weisnersdesign
    from St. Paul