Register now to get rid of these ads!

Divco Truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by divcotruck, Aug 26, 2013.

1. divcotruck

divcotruck

I just got my hands on a 1950s divco truck everyone. This is my first post. I hope to learn a lot.

My first question to you all is, where do I begin :)

My goal is to sell wholesale gelato out of the back of her but she's going to need some work. Should I hire someone to do it, or tackle this project on my own?

Thanks for any advice or tips

C

2. Welcome Do an intro...

3. Model T1

Model T1

You begin by going to the intro thread and doing an introduction. You will like it here because there are several threads and posts about Divcos and other standup vans.

4. fast30coupe

fast30coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Illinois

As far is doing the work that's something you should ask yourself. If you don't feel comfortable and haven't done something like this before you should most likely hire someone. But trying things is how you learn good luck

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. Divco Truck? New York? Is this who I think it is...or am I wrong and just sounding really creepy right now :p Welcome, Divco trucks are awesome. Can't wait to see your build thread, that is if you are making one.

6. Mine is great for road trips..

[​IMG]

7. divcotruck

divcotruck

Gentlemen, thank you for your posts. I will do a proper intro and get on this with you all. She arrives in the AM, get ready for pics!

8. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

People want photos! Maybe if I satiate them with random roadside Divoc pics they will go easy on you for skipping the intro?

[​IMG]

9. fordsum

fordsum
    from SO CA

Thats a cool ride

10. welcome form maryland. Good find.. I scored a divco a couple months ago. Plan on building a shop truck

11. divcotruck

divcotruck

Gentlemen, here she is:

http://imgur.com/a/1wMX5#0

I am not sure where to start ... but man am i excited! I had a few people stop on the road and get down to see her.

12. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

I like it...I like it alot...Congrats...

13. rpkiwi

rpkiwi
    from Truckee CA

Sweet,great find.Look forward to following along.

14. 56PontiacPiano
    BANNED

Hmmmmm...........guess I missed all the excitement. I had hopes for the kid and his Pontiac in spite of the hard time I gave him

15. Hayman

Hayman
    from tulsa,ok

Awesome let the Good times begin.

16. stimpy

stimpy

was wondering on the divco's do they have a seperate reefer unit , use the engine like a a/c car or are ice cooled as I do not see a external condensor for the back , like modern reefers.

to the OP nice truck . the local milk company ( Dixie Dairy ) when I was a Kid had a fleet of them till the early 1970s then went to internationals with a box on the back before they closed operations

17. Cool Divco! what are you running for power?

18. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Depends what your plans/needs are for it. For starters I'd give it a good scrub with CLR and bring the paint back to life. It looks like it has some beautiful and natural patina. get it running and stopping safely, and call it done.

If you're not into that look and need modifications made to suit your business, then I'd have a pro do it unless you have the time, skills, tools and space. Sounds like this is more about business than hobby, so time equals money. Get it to market ASAP.

Anywho, its a very cool truck, congrats!

19. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

Wow, that thing is solid! Welcome from SE Mass.
    Paul

20. Better with the pic on this site rather than go elsewhere.

[​IMG]

21. Sweeeet.. Love the patina. look like an ice box??? Good Luck Awesome find

22. divcotruck

divcotruck

this girl came from an estate sale, was in a barn in virginia pretty much, as far as i was told, since the 70s. literally drove her into the barn and closed doors.

the engine runs, id have to feed the gas since the tank rotted away but it runs. it breaks my heart a bit but i need to rebuild her so i can use her for my wholesale gelato business.

problem i want to find a professional mechanic ther i trust, that will make this a labor of love and is cost effective. id like to also take part in some of the building so i can learn as well.

23. divcotruck

divcotruck

shes refrigerated in the back :)

24. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

25. mbrede

mbrede
    from Minnesota

Nicely done. Me likey

26. Some were ice cooled, some had refrigeration coils that hooked to a master compressor at their terminal. I don't think any had a complete on-board refrigeration system. Some had a small "butter box" that may have had a self contained system for cooling.