Register now to get rid of these ads!

49-54 chevy's with mustang 2,like,dislike

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ibhotrod, Aug 19, 2013.

1. I'm on the fence about my front suspention. I know the Camaro clip is a little wide if I go low in the front. I've heard that a gm g-body 78-80 is like 3/4" narrower and should work but have not found anyone that has tried it.then there is the m2. I've heard good and bad. For those that have it, do you like it? would you do it again? I have no problem with any fab work so that is not a factor. I will be doing a v8, over drive, and rear end swap this winter. So I would like to pop out the whole works this winter. I'm not to fond of the original suspention because of no disc brakes and no power steering. I plan on using my car as my daily driver for the summers and my truck for winters. Any input will help in my decision. thanks, Todd

2. The g body front frame clip works excellent on one of those cars

3. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have installed over 20 MII setups on these. They work well. No call-backs, no complaints.

4. fishslayer82

fishslayer82

I've got a Fatman Fabrications MII under my 53 and I like it....power steering is nice

5. Ayers Garage

Ayers Garage

I put 100k miles on my 54 with a Fatmans ultra low under it. Never a complaint. Best thing I ever did for the car.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. thanks for the reply's. it helps to hear from people that have them.

7. 1955IHC

1955IHC

My father has kept the front end stock. We have no idea when it was last gone through but it is tight and drives well. It rides as nice as our dd and is way better then my 01 ranger dd.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

8. J scow

J scow
    from Seattle

I have an MII kit for one of those I would sell cheap. I sold the car kept the kit and now it sits.

9. looking like I'm going to go the m2 route. working on a deal with J scow.

10. sweeden

sweeden
    BANNED

ive got about $1800 in my stock front clip and i could kick my self in the dick everytime i look at it. I originally read all these posts and people were back and forth on which was better and alot of people said they regret putting the M2 in. Since my cars setup to lay a 28.5" tire we had to do a ton to it and the issue i have that there is no way to fix the camber issues when its at ride height 3 inches. So im gonna be selling a whole bagged front end here after slamfest for a hell of a deal with break conversion, stepped lowers, dropped uprights, lowered steering arms, and a whole new front clip rebuild kit to buy a M2. If u buy all the parts seperatly u can get a whole M2 with bag ready arms for $1150

11. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have yet to hear of anyone regretting a MII install, unless they did it wrong.

12. sweeden

sweeden
    BANNED

back when i was doin my research on google and so forth i found a ton of people bitching and moaning about the M2 of course u also had a ton of fans. Sure wish idda went the other way hahah oh well if u dont do it 3 times its not satisfying hahah

13. BigFinCad

BigFinCad

PM if you still have this, thanks