Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage minibikes

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by INJUNTOM, Jul 7, 2006.

1. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Bird "Wrens" to be more specific.

2. This is mine. The 5hp Briggs took a dump. I had the fuzz chase me down one time, sirens and all. He spotted me from the other side of a main street as I was taking a test ride. I tried to play it cool and act like I didn't see him. When he drove up he acted as if he just caught me robbing a bank...hand on his weapon and everything. He told me if he ever saw me riding this "thing" again, he would lock me up.
    [​IMG]

3. SaltCoupe

SaltCoupe
    from Indiana

I just scored this Trail Horse. I've bought 5 mini bikes so far this year.

Attached Files:

4. During the recovery of hurricane Sandy i drove my bike everywhere for 14 days everytime I would pass this one block in the neighborhood this one guy would come out and complain saying he's a cop and he's going to arrest me
    Turnsout he was a rent a cop . The state guys he finally stopped told them I need to be arrested, little did he know they were hanging by my house taking rides on my bike themselves hahaha
    I have been lucky and gotten out of arrest and them taking my bike 1377575375208.jpg

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  5. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

I just got in on this action too. Gotta go pick up some more this week.

Attached Files:

6. I like that green one on the left!

7. fordsum

fordsum
    from SO CA

I miss the days of the minibikes I had so much fun and the always looking for a new lawnmower motor to make the bike faster

8. doinbad

doinbad
    from celina tn

Here is mine anyone know what brand it is? had it since i was a kid had a 3 hp briggs but i put a kaw 5 hp on it,runs about to good. was getting it running again for the redneck rumble

Attached Files:

9. T_Bird Guy

T_Bird Guy

10. Hellfish

Hellfish

Those are great! Bring them IN the Econo to the Scramble. I need to take notes. :)

11. M224SPEED

M224SPEED
    from Missouri

WOW !!
    Glad to see all of the Pics. sure did bring back some fond memories from yester-year.
    To those of you lucky enough to have one,enjoy the heck out of it no matter if you ride it or just sit and look at it.

12. Chopped 66 Bug

Chopped 66 Bug

Is a mini bike worth $5,000.00? I was looking into getting a Bonanza with the Hodaka engine. Found a restored one on E-bay. I think $5000.00 is a bit steep. Ever ride one of these old crotch rockets? Man are they fast!

Mike

13. Hellfish

Hellfish

I've seen the ASKING price for some restored minibikes for $1000+ and even that seems a bit steep. Restored vintage go karts are the same way, if it's a popular brand or rare model.

14. Just picked up this 1938 Elgin bicycle that was converted to a B&S in the late 40s, engine is dated 1948!
    [​IMG]

15. I sold this restored '67 Taco 22 last year for a grand. Later found out, based on current Taco prices, I gave it away.

[​IMG]

16. Chopped 66 Bug

Chopped 66 Bug

Damn! I had no idea. I had one when I was maybe 14. Only paid $75.00 for it from a kid down the street. Saved my lawn mowing money and bought a brand new Briggs/Stratton 3.5HP upright . Felt like a hundred horse power to me! I found an old chrome vacuum cleaner extension pipe that fit perfectly over the muffler. Sounded real cool too. I hated pulling the rope starter so I went to the local good will drop box and got one of those crank starters off an old mower. It worked but not as well as I had hoped so I took it back. Anyway looking at all of your Mini Bikes really brings back some great memories.

Thanks, Mike

17. SaltCoupe

SaltCoupe
    from Indiana

Made by Bird Engineering. Not sure on the model due to the forks/handlebars. I have 2 birds, a Duck and a Falcon. Same main-frame, kickstand, and brake as yours. The photo is of my Bird Falcon for you to compare.

Attached Files:

18. mrobvious34

mrobvious34
    from Canyon, TX

I dug this out of the dirt from behind a shed in my girlfriends back yard. Is a girls bike that her aunt said she road back in the 60s. I slapped some wheels on it and rode it everywhere. It now has a bicycle motor on it that makes it way cool (sry I don't have a pic of it yet with the motor). But what is really cool is it has an old STP sticker on the head tube from who knows when, you can see it in the first pic

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. yule16met

yule16met
    from Hudson, WI

This is my wife's Rupp Rascal, we have raced it at Symco 2 years now. We have never won a race... It's just a 2.5 horse motor.

Anyone have any more info on this one? I was told it has rare turbine wheels

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1377751885.768418.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

20. Abomb

Abomb

I have no idea of the vintage, but here's a homemade job that I picked up...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I plan to add a little rake ( it's a bit sketchy at speed ), add a chain tensioner / roller, and replace the awkward triangle front downtubes with a single tube, leaving the floorboards in place...

Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  21. oldwood

oldwood
    from arkansas

Here are 2 that I bought from a salvage yard here in AR. They have crushed 130 cars before I found out the owner was put in an out of state nursing home.

Attached Files:

• 013.JPG
      013.JPG
      File size:
      136.6 KB
      Views:
    • 014.JPG
      014.JPG
      File size:
      170.7 KB
      Views:
    • 015.JPG
      015.JPG
      File size:
      146.6 KB
      Views:
    • 016.JPG
      016.JPG
      File size:
      173.5 KB
      Views:
    • 017.JPG
      017.JPG
      File size:
      193.6 KB
      Views:
  22. That cheetah 1400 was my first minibike awesome

23. Stu Padasso

Stu Padasso

That seems like a very fair price for a genuine Taco 22, I have one just like it, and would let it go for $1000. Seems the Taco 44's bring the big money

24. Hellfish

Hellfish

There will be a 3hp and under class at the White Knuckle Scramble (9/14). Try your luck there! :D

25. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Gotta bump this one more time!!!

If you live in Phoenix and are at all MINI-BIKE curious, and are wondering what to do on MONDAY... I have your answer!!!

THE SECOND ANNUAL ARIZONA MINI BIKE ROUND UP!!!

See, that's all you needed to know! Last year we had about thirty mini bikes and over sixty people, this year I bet will be far more!

Attached Files:

26. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

MINIBIKE CURIOUS

Awesome.

27. JSHAW

JSHAW

If you live in Phoenix and are at all MINI-BIKE curious, and are wondering what to do on MONDAY... I have your answer!!!

THE SECOND ANNUAL ARIZONA MINI BIKE ROUND UP!!!

See, that's all you needed to know! Last year we had about thirty mini bikes and over sixty people, this year I bet will be far more![/QUOTE]

Can't wait this is gonna be a BLAST!!!!

28. Cap'm

Cap'm
    from So Ute

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1378009004.787351.jpg

Just snagged this 1940's moto scoot. Need an engine and fuel tank and and and....

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

29. Mr.Freeze

Mr.Freeze
    from Az

I think you mean Mini-Bi-Ke-urious !

30. Mr.Freeze

Mr.Freeze
    from Az

Mostly mocked up just missing a couple nuts and bolts and i'll have it ready! See ya there.

Attached Files: