Register now to get rid of these ads!

TXDMV & TXDPS ~ Stress Management

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by supercharged, Aug 19, 2013.

1. I just need to get something off my chest.

The TEXAS DMV and DPS are the most F$CKED UP group of mouth breathing government morons that infests the planet earth.

And if there is a HELL I hope every DMV and DPS employee rot there for all eternity.

Whew, now I feel better.

Other states cannot possibly compare with the absurdity and ineptitude that riddles the TX DMV and DPS.

The simple fact that the DMV (to get a title and license plates) has no idea what the DPS (to get a safety inspection) rules are is proof enough but it goes well beyond that in monumental ways.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

I have no idea how right or wrong you are, however that was an excellent rant!

I am sure that many of us feel the same way about or state offices.

3. Thanks it made me feel better!

4. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Yea, stuff always sucks when it doesn't work the way I want it to.

5. belair

belair

Sometimes they are, sometimes they aren't.

6. My experience has been the bigger the city the less they want to deal with your special 'hot rod" needs. Try another office in a smaller nearby town and you may get better service.

7. Since I live in Harris County (Houston-area) I would have to travel quite a ways to remove myself from their reach!
    But it may work.

8. Tell us how you really feel!:D HRP

9. If I did the thread would be taken down and burned! :)

10. Kinky6

Kinky6

Fred, man, you crack me up! :D

11. What's the issue? Everything you (and they) need to know is in the Texas Transportation Code and the Title Manual...post up what the issue is and we'll try to help.

You could always call the regional DMV number or the main number in Austin.

12. Gwhite
    If they are your standard bureaucrats none of what is written has any bearing on what they decide, they know for a fact that anything written down is merely a suggestion.

13. AZbent

AZbent

It is good that you sugar coated it instead of really telling us how you feel.
    Mark

14. BigIrish

BigIrish

I'm in Houston too, and one of the best pieces of advice I got from a long-time H-town hot rodder is to forget going down to there yourself if you are trying to register/title anything other than your mom's Accord.

Go through a seasoned auto title place. Pay the $50 service fee they charge and it will sail through. These agents know all the idiots downtown and they get everything pushed through no problem.

I've titled 4 Model As in the past 6 years with no issues and most were out of state titles.

If its not too late, go see to Nelda at "Auto Titles Plus Notary" on Blalock. She'll get it worked out for you.

<TABLE class="ts intrlu" width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="LINE-HEIGHT: 1.24; COLOR: rgb(34,34,34)" vAlign=top>1900 Blalock Rd
    Houston
    <NOBR>(713) 932-1755</NOBR></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Auto Titles Plus Notary

<CITE>autotitlesplusnotary.com/</CITE>
    Google+ page

15. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Saved for future reference. I knew someone was going to give a direct source sooner or later. Thanks. I don't need it, but knowledge is the wild card.

16. 29AVEE8

29AVEE8

I have no experience with Texas agencies but have found the small town departments to be much easier to work with where I live. Also drive around the building first an take a look at the employee parking spaces, see any flamed trucks, Corvettes etc.? That usually is a good sign.

17. I finally got my way but the idiots that the DMV employs don't understand and can’t read their own rules. It always takes raising a stink and getting their management involved - I assume the only person in the department that can actually read or understand their own rules. ;)

Then to make the situation better they always seem to cop major attitude and that superiority complex.:mad:<O:p</O:p

And after buying and selling old cars for 30 years in Texas I know the Texas code inside and out - the Texas DMV codes are tough but the folks that work there are beyond words.:rolleyes:

18. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

When I walk up to the counter I feel like immediately saying, "Can I please speak to the oldest person that works here, and the smartest person who works here, and to the manager?" Because that's the three people I almost always wind up talking to before I'm done.

19. TudorJeff, that is 100% correct.

The trick is finding those three people.! :)

20. I cannot imagine the hell you folks that build a car from scrap and then try to get it registered go through.

You have more patience than I can imagine.

21. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

That goes for Ca. too, and probably most any state DMV. Registering a car can sometimes be as challenging as pulling a building permit.
    I do as Irish does; use a titling service. I can spend a day at work making money instead of dealing with the DMV. What's your time and frustration worth?

After 30 years of flipping cars, you should have a "best friend" at the DMV by now where your titling goes as smooth as silk...

22. Well its 30 years but not that many cars and when I leave the DMV I usually have not made many "friends"!:rolleyes:

23. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

Its 99 percent attitude......

24. I'm in Guadalupe county and the ladies in Seguin, Texas have been nice and helpful even telling me who to contact if I ever need title work on an old car. Spending years in Galveston county buying and selling, now that was hell.

25. EZ Cool

EZ Cool
    Alliance Vendor
    from Slaton TX

One of the two girls that work in my local courthouse annex is married to a car guy that buys and sells old cars like I do. I always see her if I have something to do with an old car. The other girl is just good for renewals.

26. aldixie

aldixie

Have two local offices that are very good. One in Clearlake on Bay Area boulevard and they have just reopened the one in Deer Park on Spencer. Haven't dealt with the one in Deer Park since they reopened but they use to be really good. Clearlake one had them sort out the title on a 41 Ford pickup I had that had dropped out of he system as it had been years (25) since it had been registered. The guy there was very helpful although it took a couple of weeks to sort out. Both are in Harris County.

27. it's true - it's who you work with - one lady ( we are both now in our 50's) I have tried to avoid since my early 20's - as she always would look twice as hard at my stuff and usually not send it thru....

finally - my most resent old car buy the owner signed off on the buyer line and after some 30yrs she finally smiled and gave me a small piece of paper to have him sign....going back in a day or two....hope she's still smile'n...

28. 6-71

6-71

you should try dealing with the Pennsylvania DMV. I submitted my paperwork,notarised,signed by inspection mechanic,all forms completley filled out,4 pictures signed and notarised,etc.etc.This was sent to Harrisburg on July 11. I called on Aug 23 and was told it was still being processed.WTF can you do to paperwork that takes a month and a half???:mad:

29. Yes, I can never figure out why some folks are such hard noses when it comes to old cars.

Heck, here in Texas probably a third of the folks on the road don't have insurance or a title to thier cars.... so why give some honest guy a hard time for trying to do the right thing and get his vehicle into the system and paying his taxes?:rolleyes:

What always burns me up about the DMV is that they act as if they are so by the book, but if someone has something that is not the norm, then it becomes painfully honest that they don't even know their own rules. And then they make up what they thing the right thing is!:confused:

30. Dirty2

Dirty2

The trick is to go in the DMV knowing more than them BUT letting them think they are smarter than you .