Register now to get rid of these ads!

gene winfield metal fab class in san diego

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hombres ruin, Aug 5, 2013.

1. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

2. chevymike

chevymike

3. scott 351 wins

scott 351 wins

This Saturday I had the pleasure of meeting and learning from him in Niles IL., guys he is a master of metal!!!!!!!!!! Bring a note pad, pencil and a camera he will probably have some sort of chalk board or marker type board and he will be drawing hand tools and a couple types metal forming dies for you to build at home. I had a digital camera so I took pics of everything he drew on the board, all low buck stuff an average Joe can build without breaking the bank. Ask questions as he will answer all questions thrown his way, you guys wount disappointed!!!!!!!!!!! Some of you guys will be 90%ers and some will be 40%ers,lol. Gene is funny as hell, what a good time I had last Saturday.

4. B Ramsey

B Ramsey

cant make it, got bit by a rattlesnake on my foot.:(

5. chevymike

chevymike

Man this was an awesome class to have had the opportunity to have taken. Learned so much. So many cool tricks and Gene is a hoot! That man never stops!!!

6. CharlieLed

CharlieLed

OK so where's the pics????

7. chevymike

chevymike

Here are a few.

'54 Pontiac (Canadian model) - pre chop
    [​IMG]

Gene showing us how to modify a train rail into a hammering dolley
    [​IMG]

Gene showing how he gas welds the pillars and hammer the welds to roll them into the pillar, adding strength
    [​IMG]

Post chop with the B pillars slanted foward and rear side window shortned and radiused
    [​IMG]

Me and Gene
    [​IMG]

8. rocknrolldaddy

rocknrolldaddy

Class was awesome. I highly recommend it. A lot of fun, a lot of learning. "Everyday's a school day".