Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features what do you think? MADE BUMPERS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by capt46, Aug 26, 2013.

1. wade57

wade57
    from BC Canada

You did a nice job. What do you have for a weler?

2. wade57

wade57
    from BC Canada

You did a nice job. What do you have for a welder?

3. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Personally I really like rods without bumpers...cleaner look. But I totally dig the level of workmanship that went into them.

4. jazz1

jazz1

the wife says they are very pretty

5. fordsum

fordsum
    from SO CA

The work that went in to them is great. To busy for me

6. garagerods

garagerods
    from Omaha

As a designer I could appreciate the artistic value and certainly the craftsmanship.

I do think, though, that if you hit something or someone hits you, even lightly, the bumpers may "roll" into your fenders etc... and cause more damage than what a straight bumper would have allowed. Then again, if your hit hard enough it really wouldn't matter.

I do like them, though.....

7. ChefMike

ChefMike

I think they look great! looks like a lot of work went into them

8. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Yes. Words of wisdom from the guy who ran the oversized "NADS" nerf bar on the front his hot rod. Haha.

I think a set of bumpers like that could have easily been something that appeared in the little pages to make a car stand apart as one of those quirky builds some people go nuts over. (Twilight Zone coupe anyone?) Not my deal personally, but they definitely are not a hack job.

9. mink

mink
    from CT

What's the point making those if their not functional? , if I read correctly the material is stainless steel, not spring steel

10. Buzznut

Buzznut

I hope you don't stop fabricating this kind of stuff based on the feedback. Even though they may not look "at home" on that rod, they are pretty stellar on their own.

I think you missed your calling somewhere along the line...you could definitely make a career out of metal sculpture/art. And with those skills, you could MOST definitely make bumpers that WOULD look at home on that car.

11. Sorry, doesn't do it for me. I'd say "less would be more".

12. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Interesting that not too many are neutral in their opinions. That's one of the cool things about the HAMB, no lukewarms on this site!

I like 'em. Now, go buy a Chrysler or DeSoto Airflow and make another set! Those would fit the art deco look of the Airflows, or even something like the '35 Chrysler Airstream.

13. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

A lot of work in those but I really like the stock bumpers better. To me those have a little too much "shopping cart" feel.

I do agree with the one comment that they might have been something out of the "Little Pages" from back in the day.

I would definitely spend some time checking them out in person and respect the time and effort to do something unique.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

14. capt46

capt46

thinking hurts

15. dynaflash

dynaflash
    from South

I don't understand this question at all. If you are only looking for function then why not just get a Honda? Hot rods are art by their very nature. I just wish I had the talent and artistic eye that it takes to build something like these bumpers.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

16. I'll give you a big thumbs up for the design style and workmanship,,they look like it took a lot of time and thought....but,they don't look like something that should be of a Hot Rod..maybe a one off European art deco styled car.

Your sedan is a great looking hot rod but in my opinion the bumpers don't enhance the look rather they are a distraction.

A simple set of Model A or the Deuce bumper would fit the look of the car,,just a visual for your consideration.

[​IMG]

Like my old friend Deuce Roadster use to say"The car seems confused". HRP

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  17. ...too busy for me; those wouldn't protect much in my opinion, a simple strate painted or chrome tube would look cleaner....like I said, just my opinion.

18. Nice work but not crazy about them.

19. mastergun1980

mastergun1980
    from Alva OK

They are very cool, but don't seem to fit the stlye of the car as others have said.... they look like they should be on a mid-thirties luxury car.

20. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I think they are kinda growing on me. I thought right off the bat that I liked them but they felt frowny. Maybe the droop is what ppl are clashing on as its just a bit to much swoop for an A.

However I feel like your car is trying to be a classy hot rod and what classy gal hasn't got some bling in her hand. I think most if the people saying the bumpers draw to much attention are partially feeling that way because you directly pointed them out in the post and then took photos high lighting them.

I think they are close just not a 100% home run. That being said I'd run em as is while I ponder new options

Posted using My Dick Tracy watch and the full custom HAMB app

21. Gman0046

Gman0046

Not my style. I prefer original bumpers. Obviously a lot of skill went into the fabrication.

22. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

ends are ok , centers are goofy looking...

23. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

nice craftsmanship, but they take the badass right out of a badass car.............

24. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I did, I still have it and it's for sale, $50

25. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Throw in the gas pedal and you've got a deal. :)

26. capt46

capt46

27. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Went back to look at them again---I like the front better than the back, but I sure respect you trying to protect the car and satisfy the DMV.

28. I think they look great! nice job.

29. I agree. It's hard to top the styling of the early Fords. To me, the factory parts look the best.

30. oldolds

oldolds

Seems like you got them right. A 50/50 opinion on here means they are perfect. I like the concept. I would rather your car with no bumper, but if you need them you need them. Yes, it would have been easier to buy a set, taken less time also. Now poeple will know which black Ford is yours.