Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Frog follies 2013

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1931fordtruck, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Good deal Rich, i wanna check out your engine harness! Look for the ugly white guy with the big black beard...

2. I have arrived fellow frog follie attendees. My first time and I'm enjoying it already!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. threewindaguy

threewindaguy

Good show! I drove my avatar car there a few years ago and got Long Distance Award.

4. btbowtie

btbowtie
    from KY

Its 5:00 am CST time.:eek:

There are eight off us headed to a fun filled day a the Frog Follies.:D

5. To all,
    Frog follies for 2013 is almost over. I'm heading back to NW Indiana. I had an awesome time and plan on attending next year.

6. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

Another one behind us. The weather was great, the cars were great and I had another good time visiting with with my longtime friends and many new ones. Enjoyed meeting some of you HAMBERS at noon on Saturday. Sam

7. Sam,

It was good to see you and finally get to meet Ron.

Bret

8. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

First time for me. I think it was one of the best events I ever attended. Been to: Louisville,Columbus,York,Syracuse, Phoenix, Kalamazoo,New Castle, and Cumberland many times. I think Frog Follies was the best by far. and they don't rip you on money.

Ago

9. Dad and I spent some time talking to one of the E'Ville Iron club members about the event, and how they do what they do. For a LOW registration fee, of $15, they send you home with a cool Thom Taylor designed T-Shirt, a cool dash plaque, Saturday dinner for 2, Sunday donuts and milk or coffee, etc. The club member said that most of their revenue comes from the concessions and t-shirt sales.

Both, Dad and I, are pre-registered for next year's event.

10. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Missed this year,but was there last 2 yrs,nice they are still sticking with the pre 49--love that show----hopefully will be there next year!

11. I lived in Evansville for 5 years and worked at Whirlpool less than 5 miles from the fairgrounds and never went... shame on me...

12. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

Bret, in addition to the items you mentioned, there's also a free street dance on Friday night and a free Rock and Roll dance on Saturday night. I met my wife at the Rock and Roll dance in 1995. Some of the guys that were with me that night were still with me this past weekend. We did overhear some participants state that they didn't enter the show" why should they pay the $15.00 when they let you in the gate anyway. The E'ville Iron folks work so hard and the monies all go to such a good charity-it's sad some folks feel that way. How about the swapmeet? See you all next year. We'll be parked in the same place. Sam

13. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Anyone bitching about the entrance fee there should be de-nutted

14. ems customer service

ems customer service

hey there will guys bitching if e'ville iron paid they car owner $15 to show up

my standard saying is:

"if henry ford came out of the grave made the part himself and gave it away for free they would be complaints about the price and quality"

15. birdman42

birdman42

Hands down the best show I have ever been to.I plan my vacation around this show.

16. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

Birdman 42, I looked for you down in the field Friday and Saturday. I was looking for your truck in your avatar. Sorry I missed you. Were you able to make the model A bed work on your project truck? Sam

17. birdman42

birdman42

We were there on the second row. Rooter1940 is the one who bought the bed from you. We are going to use it on another prodject.

18. I posted pictures on my site. http://streetrodder.net/?p=1611 I probably should have broken the post up into smaller bits, or left some of the shots out, but for me, the event is only half the reason I go. The other half is the getting there!

19. I pre-registered for next year aswell. I hope to get the 31 ford truck down to the show, unless I have another vehicle by then. My in-laws have been attending the show for the last 15 years. My wife and I went in there place this year, because they were not able to go. I absolutely loved it. The money raised goes towards a good cause. Sorry I missed you guys, hopefully next year we can meet up. Keith

Sent from my HTC One X using H.A.M.B. mobile app

20. Same people would bitch that their ice cream is to cold. There always around..

21. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

We were there.... where were you?

22. aar0s

aar0s
    from So.Il.

Hell, I gladly pay 20 every year to get our carload in and we only go for the day and don't show! Its a great show, great people and venue.

23. lo-buk

lo-buk
    from kcmo

Another great show, enjoyed meeting some fellow hambers at noon Saturday. Had a good trip home and ready for next year...

24. musclecars

musclecars

I don't have a hot rod,but I sure love going to this show,this was my 4th year in a row attending and it never has disappointed me.I was there from 8am to 4:30pm on Saturday walking the grounds and taking pics of the fine machinery that was displayed.The only area I did'nt get to was in the shaded tree area just west of the railroad tracks and it's not that I did'nt want to but my feet were barkin' and that told me it was time to get home.Here are a few samples of what photos I took along with the link to my album....I hope you all enjoy it and look forward to next year.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My favorite one there,made me hungry for chocolate.....lol

[​IMG]

http://public.fotki.com/62704/frog-follies/38th-annual-frog-fo/

25. paintcan54

paintcan54

Damn, I don't see how you can bitch about the cost of this show. One of the best shows around. This was our 3rd. year, we have friends who have been going for 19 years, they findly talked us into to it 3yrs. ago, and it was our loss for not going to this show, wife don't like many car shows but she loves the Frog Follies.

26. larry k

larry k

everybody, who is anybody in the streetrod hobby ??? is at the frog follies... but it looks like they will have parking problems 4 long.:confused:

27. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

1st time there with other hambers, forgot about the meeting, so many THINGS TO SEE.

AGO