Register now to get rid of these ads!

1952 buick, special indeed, made it home.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by buickvalvenut, Aug 23, 2013.

1. buickvalvenut

buickvalvenut
    from Rialto

Any pics of your kemp?..might as well..; ]

2. 54Buick48D

54Buick48D
    from Maryland

The cracks can be repaired. Find a good shop that knows welding. I think Bobs Automobilia has replacements.

3. timelord

timelord

mine has the syncomesh trans .nothing yet to the 263 . was planning on this winter .shave head ,chevy valves , but once you take it apart you always end up goin more then planned. so it will most likely end up with a complete rebuild. If not the straight 8 a nailhead would be a nice upgrade with open drivetrain

4. buickvalvenut

buickvalvenut
    from Rialto

I did the organ swap on my previous 51.I droped a nailhead but wasn't so easy.I had to custom make an exhaust, both factory dual and single woudnt work.I also had to modify the linkage, move the master cylinder closer to the frame, above the frame to be exact.
    Had to move the generator and make a bracket.the battery had to be mounted on the firewall.over all, I won't be doing it again any time soon.

Attached Files:

5. timelord

timelord

Thanks for that insight on the nailhead swap. I will probably keep the 263 its just different. I like being the only straight 8 at the cruises

6. 54Buick48D

54Buick48D
    from Maryland

[​IMG]

7. 54Buick48D

54Buick48D
    from Maryland

Sorry for the thread hijack.

8. buickvalvenut

buickvalvenut
    from Rialto

Didn't take it that way..what I meant was might as well show and tell.since you saw my buick might as well show what you have.i dont get bothered by this one bit.its an open thread.so do pelase share.

9. 54Buick48D

54Buick48D
    from Maryland

Gotch'ya. Back on the 52. Looking forward to watching your build! She is a great looking car. Post plenty of pics with things you are doing and progress. Nice to see a Buick build here.

10. GearSlammer

GearSlammer
    from Rogers AR

kool rides guys! are any of you still using the gas pedal start?

11. v8spence

v8spence

Nice to see a few 60's Buicks coming alive.
    Very nice motors....

Anyone fitted a buick 350 into one?
    I sold my S8 & Dynaflow as I wanted a v8.
    I have made the engine mounts and gearbox mounts for the th350.
    The rear axle has been modified to a 4 link rear using the original 5th cross link.
    I now need to work out how to convert the closed drive part of the diff into open drive and get a driveshaft made.

Any ideas?

12. 54Buick48D

54Buick48D
    from Maryland

Yes sir. The pedal vacuum switch starting system is still used on mine. It is a reliable system.

13. Leviman

Leviman

Wait... you pulled a car from alaska all the way down to socal? Isn't it usually the other way around?

14. timelord

timelord

yep still use gas pedal start

15. robertsregal

robertsregal

Looks like a pretty solid Buick less she will need a little floor pan work, is the driver side that nace also? Keep the progress pics coming!

16. buickvalvenut

buickvalvenut
    from Rialto

Ah man!...and its black, wich I consider an elegant color...nice!

17. buickvalvenut

buickvalvenut
    from Rialto

Lol...the cards have turned on this one.I feel that the asking price was fair, even at the end with shipping I just coudnt say no..haha.
    Regardless of the floorboards, I don't think I could have found a b etter deal down south.wich im exited to repair, and further improve on my metal shaping skills.
    But yes, you are right, its the other way around...lol

By the way, the car came from Anchorage, AK..

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  18. buickvalvenut

buickvalvenut
    from Rialto

You could account the conditiin 360○.she's solid all the way, even the gas tank is in good cond.im thinking the driver side window beeing broken was responsible for the floorboards.not to mention the window seal are prob worn adding to the cause.I'd rather the rust be on the floorboards then the body, wich buicks tend to rust above the rear wheel, and I'm sure that lip is a lil more difficult to achive, beeing the point not to use body filler.
    Soon as i can jump on a pc or figure out how to resize the photos in my android ill post some more.

Did I mention I got a dash upgrade as well! Even thru in the door moldings to make the work easier, and the transition look right.

I just remembered I had the pics the previous owner took, including ones were he found the Buick.

Attached Files:

19. buickvalvenut

buickvalvenut
    from Rialto

I can't really say I'm running on the starter switch, but those are my intentions...lol

20. v8spence

v8spence

Wow, thats nice condition. I need pays like this to get me on mine again.

21. timelord

timelord

I would like to see the dash upgrade when its done that will look nice

22. buickvalvenut

buickvalvenut
    from Rialto

Maybe some pics to get a better idea of what your talking about, not to mention I'm not to familiar with 60,s buick drive lines.
    What I would have done is to get the drive line (axle) from the same source, then have the drive shafts, shortened down or made longer.. Depends were you took it from.

That's one of the reason's I chose to stay stock. To much troubles, and I can spend the time in the looks department. Not to mention the straight eight can be made to move a lil faster, and has a unique sound.

23. buickvalvenut

buickvalvenut
    from Rialto

Can say that again, I'm not to sure, but it might have to shortened it down a notch, I'm hopeing not alot. There's not much to play with on the drivers side, the passenger side I can manage .

24. 54Buick48D

54Buick48D
    from Maryland

In post #49(Pic 5 of 9). I see a 54 Buick next to the 52. Looks like a 59 Buick to the left. Thing looks pitiful sitting there but in great shape for where she was sitting.

25. buickvalvenut

buickvalvenut
    from Rialto

yup.I wish someone would adopt them all.

26. 54Buick48D

54Buick48D
    from Maryland

When you have to cut a tree out of the way to pull a car out there is no doubt she has been there a long time! :eek:

27. Buick buick buick buick!

28. buickvalvenut

buickvalvenut
    from Rialto

according to the person I bought it from,she was last registered on 1/9/57

29. 54Buick48D

54Buick48D
    from Maryland

There is no substitute :D

Good Lord, she sat for that long? I guess so judging by the tree. Amazing. Glad you are bringing her back to life.

30. buickvalvenut

buickvalvenut
    from Rialto

im glad I found her.whos to say in not the second owner+...something I think about.