Register now to get rid of these ads!

When your car is "all done"...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Aug 23, 2013.

1. dsiddons

dsiddons
    from Indiana

I wanna see more of that door panel????

2. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

It's only happened to me once-where I completely finished a car to the full potential I thought it could be. When it was done, I realized the car didn't fit me, because I am a fixer-upper guy. I drove it for 20 year with lots of improvements needing to be done. When it was done, I was done with it.

[​IMG]

3. Hemirrhoid

Hemirrhoid
    from Wisconsin

Done - Ha! Drive it a bit, trade it up for the next better project. Rinse and repeat.

4. I've had my 40 for many years and although it's nowhere near being finished, I think after making changes over the years I finally found the look I was after. That being said, it will probably never get the full frame off rebuild that it needs. I just like driving it too much!
    I don't even want to talk about the 55. :eek:

5. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I've heard people say a car is "never done" but I do get to the point where mine are done. I haven't added a thing to my 27 in years, nor have I changed anything.......same with my 23 and cars prior to those. I get to the point where I just add gas and drive them, that is it.

What I do though is that when one is done I start building another one.

Don

6. Don't you start on me about losing weight too....

7. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

Mine has been on the road for 20 years, and it still doen't have the interior "finished" yet. The seats are done, it has carpet, but the side panels are ABS plastic, and the headliner is insullation. I have put off doing the rest of the interior for a few years now, because the car is starting to show it's age in places, and I'd like to take it in a different direction color wise, etc. so why finish the interior to go with the current style? So I pick at a few details here and there, but I don't plan any major changes for now. Plus I don't get to drive it nearly as much anymore.

8. drofdar

drofdar
    from Fresno Ca

Sorry to go against the grain, here, but my Avatar car is done. But that's only because I take it to the track, and it's dialed in for it's class. In the garage, however is a Fleet Line that is intended to be my last project car. Rather than turning cars over, complete or not, the plan is to never be finished with this one. I'll call it done when the tags are legal, horn works, and turn signals operational. Anti-Cop stuff. Then she'll be my hobby, till the estate sale!

9. masters9661

masters9661

A friend of mine correctly said "your never "done" with a car until you sell it"

10. shotrod

shotrod

They're never done