Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lost my best friend today...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mark Hinds, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Mark Hinds

Mark Hinds
    from pomona ca

Today I lost my best friend Doug, he was my brother. In 1963 my Grand father gave Doug a 1936 Ford Five Window Delux Coupe. Doug and I did the best a couple of novice could do to restore the 36. Grampa died in 63 and never saw the car finished. After a visit to the hospital with Doug the wife and I went through the old neighborhood. Saw the garage door of and old friend Len Jasmin open. I swung the wifes Buick too the curb. She protested about showing up unanounced but I told her that I had seen Len at the Speedway motorcycle races at Industry Hills last year. He asked if I was still married the that cute little blond that worked at Gemco. After knocking on the door Len opened it with the surprised look of a kid at Christmas. He remembered Gingers name and welcomed us in. He show us some photo albums. WOW, right in front of me was a picture of the "36". That was the only picture I have seen of the car other than an old High School newpaper picture that has faded with 45 plus years. Len had picture of all the peoples cars that stopped at his home. Next to the 36 was Dean Lowes brother Jacks 32 Four door sedan. That album brought back some great memories. Len asked if I wanted the picture, what could I say? I didn't have any. Well here is a picture of the car from July on 1967. My brother sold the car in about 1973 to a gentleman in Glendora California. I know the HAMB goes coast too coast and then some. If anyone has seen or has information about this car please send me a note, the wife and I would love to see th coupe again.

I am going too miss that grumpy old man that was loved by all. Godspeed Doug.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
  2. Nonstop

Nonstop
    from CA

So sorry about your loss!!! Could never imagine losing my brother.....

Prayers sent

3. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

That sucks... R.I.P. Doug....

My brother died a few weeks ago. He is 2 years older then me but not 50 yet.... Words cant say the feeling from the loss....

I am sorry for your loss

4. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'll add you to my prayer list.

5. Mark Hinds

Mark Hinds
    from pomona ca

Thanks nonstop and Doc and Mustang my brother was two years older also.. I'm still numb and know what you feel..........

6. speedyb

speedyb
    from socal

Sorry for your loss

7. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

sincere sympathy goes out to you, and all of the family members and friends. picture of the '36 is great

8. Great memories Mark. Sounds like a great guy that will be missed. Gods speed indeed.
    Lost my younger brother (and best buddy) Matthew , five years ago now. My oldest is named after him, and we talk about him daily.
    Tributes (of any kind) seem helpful, at least to me.
    So sorry for your loss - Greg

So dumb I had to pull down my pants to count to 21

9. speedfreek155

speedfreek155

Condolences to you and your family , not long ago I lost my cousin who was more like my brother , hang in there .

10. X-Farmboy

X-Farmboy

Sorry to read about your loss Mark, my sympathies go out to you and your family.

I lost one of my younger brothers 3 yrs ago - he was only 50. It sucks to lose siblings, was hardest on our Dad. Life after divorce was not kind to him. For many years he was my best friend too, but in 10 yrs of severe alcoholism he alienated pretty much everyone that knew him. Sad to see...

Life goes on, and it sounds like you're keeping your chin up.

Hope ya find that '36...

11. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Condolences on your loss, I offer my sympathy's to both you and Mustang6147.
    I lost my closest friend just a few months ago as well, I served with him in the Army and in our down time he came to meet my parents. By the end of the week he was 'assimilated' into my family and is loved by all.
    It does help to concentrate on the good times, stay strong mate.

Doc.

12. So sorry to hear this Mark. Doug was a good guy. We don't all get the same deal in this life. I know Doug had health problems, and paid more than his fair share of dues. I don't always see eye to eye with my brothers, but I'd sure as hell hate to loose one of them. I feel for you old friend. Thoughts are with you.

13. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

God bless your brother and your family and friends and you Mark.

14. SaltCoupe

SaltCoupe
    from Indiana

Sorry for your loss. May God bless you and your family!

15. Im sorry you lost your best friend. Lost one of mine several months ago, and it hit home just how special long time friends are. Cherish those good times, and feel privlaged that you got to share in Dougs life.

16. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

So sorry, Mark. I can't imagine how bad you must feel. Trust in God.

17. rick finch

rick finch

Condolences Mark...:( R.I.P. Doug

18. Sorry for your loss. I always wanted a brother, but never had on.

An older one would have been my choice if I did.

19. vonpahrkur

vonpahrkur

Very sorry for your loss, recently experienced the loss of one of my best friends-not an easy thing. Praying for you and the family and loved ones.

20. 4rod

4rod

sounds like you made some good memories, sorry for your loss, RIP

21. KomoG2

KomoG2
    from Utah

Sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

22. Hemishovel

Hemishovel

Sorry for your loss I lost my brother 20 years ago he was my best friend also think of him daily

23. Mark Hinds

Mark Hinds
    from pomona ca

I want to thank all of you for the kind words. I know if my brother knew I wrote this he would have probaly kicked me in the butt. With the help of the HAMB members I found the 15OZ fuel coupe. Hopefully I will find Doug and my 36 coupe. Any leads GUYS???