Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2013 Ventura Nationals

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ventura Nationals, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Ventura Nationals

Ventura Nationals
    from Ventura

1 week away!!!!! Can't wait!!!
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1377353184.362052.jpg

2. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Thrashing on the 46 ford, trying to get it done for the show!

3. Anyone who wants to can come over to my place after the show ends on Saturday afternoon. We are cooking a pig in a roasting box. We feed about 100 people but if you miss out then better luck next year. Nothing special happening, just hang out with friends , eat, drink, tell lies etc. Hope to see you there, all happy people welcome.

4. frankenfords

frankenfords
    from SoCal

Wouldn't miss it Kevin! As always, huge thanks for putting this on and let us crawl all over your place each year! Every time I see something lust worthy that I've never seen before!

5. Primer Podcast

Primer Podcast
    from LBC

again, if you want to hear Holly talk about the show... you can listen here. it is free.

6. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Well I got the 46 running, brakes are sloppy but will be going up tomorrow, see you there Kevan

7. Heard a lot of great things about you, and can't wait to meet you. R U staying @ Motel 6? What time?

8. nwbhotrod

nwbhotrod
    from wash state

wish i was there maybe next year

9. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Heading up to ventura today, should get to the motel 6 by 4 p.m. if we don't hit to much traffic

10. kreekrats

kreekrats

Can I bring my dog on saturday?

11. A few of us at the Motel were talking on Friday about alternate things to do next year because of the drastically falling attendance of the past few years................but, it's FIXED. Saturday showed us the new management had the right recipe. The turnout was the biggest in years. All the people I've known to quit going over the years for different reasons were ALL there. The show supposedly was to end at 5PM yet spectators were still in line to get in as late as 3.30 that I saw. Good job!!!

12. Best pig ever last night, thanks!

13. Event was great, good turnout! First time at Kevin's and it was great. Thanks for your hospitality.
    The pig wasn't bad either!
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1378045381.875684.jpg

14. Ventura Nationals

Ventura Nationals
    from Ventura

From the bottom of our hearts THANK YOU to all who attended. It was a great show with great people. That is what we love about our hobby. Catching up with old friends and making new ones. What a perfect weekend. Don't forget it ain't over yet. We still have the reliability run leaving the park at 1030. If you can't make the run head over to Noble Fabrications shop 37 W McFarlane Ventura CA for a kick ass open house with bands good and raffles. See you there.

15. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Yes, very happy MANY CAR'S this year.
    Kiwi Kev, stopped by for just a few brief minutes early into the BBQ. Love everything about your shop. Maybe next year I can stay longer.

16. 51 mercules

51 mercules

Great show!Kiwi Kev thanks for your hospitality,my wife and I really enjoyed it.

17. MTR-HD-Ordie

MTR-HD-Ordie

I had a great time at the Nationals, just way too many cool cars to check out! Also gotta give Kiwi Kev a special thanks for his hospitality and a great feed. I made a few new friends that evening. Definitely looking forward to next years event!

18. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

Another good show, Thanks Holley and Matt for making it happen.

19. morepwr

morepwr
    from socal

It was a very good show this year! Glad I could make it out even if it was just as a spectator.

20. What a great weekend, the art show downtown Friday night made for an awesome vibe. People packing the sidewalks, cool cars parked everywhere and more cool cars cruising under the lights. A perfect start to the weekend!
    Temperatures and humidity for Friday and Saturday were unusually high. I heard there were 800 cars in the show and there was a very positive vibe. Dan Collins took charge of the bike part of the show and there were at least twice as many bikes as usual, the quality and cool factor were both very high! I noticed a wider variety of cars too. My pig roast Saturday afternoon/evening was a lot of fun as usual, I will put some pics on a separate thread. The reliability run on Sunday was outstanding! Watching the guys (and Tif'} on bikes doing traffic control is just as much fun as the cruise itself. Along the beaches, cut inland and cruise around the lake and past some small farms in a long line of cool machines. What a fun way to spend a sunny Sunday morning! Then a great turnout at Matt Noble's shop. I didn't get to stay very long but there was a bunch of people there. Awesome weekend, can't wait til next year!

Here are a few random shots from the show......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. tred

tred

a HUGE thank you to kiwi kev for his hospitality!!!
    i now know why he missed the show saturday, he really went all out!

...and that guy is either way younger than he looks or he's been collecting the coolest car parts you've ever seen since he was just a day old! :D

thank you sir!

Attached Files:

22. He was at the show in his bad ass Willys. He just leaves a bit early to set up for all of us.

23. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

I love a comeback story. I had just about written the show off after last year.

I'M GLAD I CAME BACK.

Great show... great weekend of events.

Counting down til next year!!!!!

24. YES, great comeback. A few of us at the motel were talking the night before the show about alternate plans for next year. Not needed now!:D

25. 30panel

30panel

What a great show it really turned around the biggest and best.
    My truck has been on jacks for the last 2 years I had to make it.
    Racer Brown finishes my hydro, real a photo finish works perfect.
    Kevin's tops sat off with his famous pig roast feast, what a great host. Thanks to all who helped.
    How lucky I'm only 1 mile away from the fair grounds and all the action.
    Nice shot of the Panel, Thanks Kevin.
    Great to see every thing coming together.

26. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

Here is our club pick award that we made for the Nationals this year.

[​IMG]

27. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

Here is our club lay out this year.

[​IMG]

28. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

Here are couple shots from the show.

[​IMG]

29. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

Top award winner, Lomas coupe.