Register now to get rid of these ads!

What kind of sound system do you have in your horseless carriages?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 56PontiacPiano, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Boy you told him! LOL
    I think the point is what radio can possibly sound better than a beefy engine hitting on all slugs?. ... save the sound system for the garage whilst turning a wrench . But I guess it is all relative.

2. Swifster

Swifster

Studebaker/Delco AM push button radio, generic FM converter and an 8-track tape player. Looking at adding a reverberator.

In context, the car is a 1964 Daytona...

3. Only reason I'm deciding to restore now instead of checking for plugs is because I have no battery...therefore I can't test my car. Being only 16, I don't really have the ability to just go and get a high quality battery. So in the meantime, I took my radio and power supply apart and am ordering the parts that need to be replaced.
    That's just me, while I'm waiting for one thing to happen I go and do the other thing. Get done quicker.

4. 61 chevy

61 chevy

FM converter for my AM radio

5. Anybody actually have one of those old car record players? I heard they didn't play that well on a bumpy road...but gotta admit they are pretty damn cool.

6. Model T1

Model T1

Keep at it. Everything takes time.:) But how are you using that restored radio without a battery? Plugs and points are cheaper and easier to replace than a tube type radio built in Mexico. Git-er-done!

7. Everything I needed to restore that radio cost under 100 bucks. Two tubes, a vibrator, and a speaker. Then my new capacitors. bam done.
    My car should start finally tomorrow. Been a lot of progress since then. I'll be driving soon. Welding will finally be done this week. School is coming up, as well as my road test!

8. jkeesey

jkeesey

Mines a flathead 4 with a header and cherry bomb.

9. historynw

historynw

I kepts looking for an old unit for conversion, but gave in an put a new pioneer in that has bluetooth, pandora for free streaming music and has hands free connections for my phone. works pretty good over the old one.

10. Molonewolf

Molonewolf

I have a FM / CD player because I drive it daily and take it on vacations. It's a driver.

11. I wish they mad radios like that that could actually match the original look of the original radio in cars. I know one company makes some, but eh. They don't seem all that, and not much choice on cars.

12. I took a cue from the Ryan and got my Iphone hooked up to my little amp. As much as I love my driver and its cool sounding pipes, I love to jam! :D
    I have a couple of amps and mounted the 6x9s, 1 in the front and 1 in the rear stock location and a 12" sub in a box in the trunk next to the amp rack, capacitor and bass enhancer, the entire system is a DB. And there was no radio when I got the car and still is not, just a block off plate.

[​IMG]

13. 3quarter32

3quarter32

Added a radio/cd player to my delivery, then decided I couldn't hear it at 65mph. Never did add speakers, but it makes a good clock. BTW, Speedway stainless headers w/baffles are nice at 45mph. Anything over that, TFL.

14. racemad55

racemad55

327 chevy with rochester fuel-injection running through porter mufflers exiting right behind champ size frankland q/c !