Register now to get rid of these ads!

1933 plymouth 5w powered by HEMI

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by shtterbug8, Feb 12, 2013.

1. shtterbug8

shtterbug8

scored me a nice windshield frame. hardly no rust. surface mainly. but not plymouth....i bought oonline on egay and was amazingly a 32 ford coupe frame.

has any other of you mopar guys had such luck? i layed the frame in the body and its a perfect fit. everything matches.

2. shtterbug8

shtterbug8

made some progress this morning. temperature outside was fantastic. 65 degrees. 8-25-2013.

tacked in the rest of the trunk floors. looks like a mini tub now. lol. bolted the passanger fender on. and mocked up the headlights. i think they look ok but what yall think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Maybe its just my vision but the headlight placement seems to make the car look a bit cross-eyed. I can do a "quick &dirty" photoshop for different placement if you'd like. Btw, I'm making progress on your other Photoshop, should have it in a day or two.
    Oh yeah, one question; the ride height shown in #84, is that the actual ride height or is the car on jacks? I wanna place the front wheel but don't know if I need to "lower" the car more.

4. shtterbug8

shtterbug8

yes that is the ride height of the actual car in pic 84. not high at all. its the lowest i can go without running airbags...

the headlights are going have to be moved. maybe a inch or so farther out to the tires. i dunno. i was just messing around with those because i was tired of welding. several pounds of welding wire to go.

5. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Here's a kinda rough rendering. Had to go back and snag pics from some of your other pictures and piece stuff together for the background. Hope its close to what you have in mind. I put in the 33 Plymouth headlights but could probably tweak them with a little work. Eli

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG][​IMG]

6. shtterbug8

shtterbug8

thats pretty cool! i like it. im probably be running a brighter red. give me awhile and i should have some running boards, exhuast work, and such done.

7. bostonhemi

bostonhemi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh yeah. thats a looker.

8. shtterbug8

shtterbug8

project update. i might ditch the blown 354 hemi and replace it with a 270 hemi instead....just depends if it all goes together and fires up with no hicups. if so i will pull the 354 out and take my time with it while the 270 baby baby hemi puts the miles on my plymouth.....