Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Hershey PA Motels

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigbob55, Aug 24, 2013.

1. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Looks like I may be going to Hershey this fall for the swap meet Oct 9-12th Never been there Looking for motel suggestions....2 rooms nothing fancy but clean safe and cheap 10-20 miles drive (under $75 a night)...any suggestions?

2. 1great40

1great40
    from Walpole MA

Hi, I have been going to Hershey for about 15 years or so and the last time I got a room for under 75 bucks was the first time I went!, This year we got the first night for $89 and the other 3 nights are $116. We stay in Harrisburg usually, about 40-50 minutes from Hershey Park. If you don't have reservations yet, It's time to set them up, the place is just nuts with people for the show. Unless you have pockets deeper than the Grand Canyon, you can forget about staying in Hershey proper (if there's even a room left). My BIL sets up the logistics for our trips and he has tried to get us closer to the park but it turns out that the hard core guys book their rooms a year in advance and stay at the same place every show just to be near the park. Good luck, I'll see you there!

3. hotrodhoodlum

hotrodhoodlum
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

been going there for many years sorry to say that under $ 75.00 is not reality
    but I never say never good luck

4. ems customer service

ems customer service

there is often plenty of rooms in carlise, pa about 30 min away

5. There's a little independent place on 11/15 north of Harrisburg a piece that's been there for 30-40 years and has decent reviews online, too.

6. chiro

chiro

Days Inn Lebanon, PA. Pretty close and probably as cheap as it's gonna get at $75/night. Stayed there last year and it was over $100, but I booked it just this week at $75

7. rustrodder

rustrodder
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have stayed in Elizabethtown for the last three years. Rented a cabin at the KOA just outside of town. We rent a three bed cabin and split the bill three ways. I think there is a 3 night minimum. Not a bad drive to Hershey-but we hit the road early.

8. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Thanks for the responses....found a Motel 6 in New Cumberland PA for $206 (+ Tax) for 4 nights Wed-Sat About 17 miles....don't mind the drive (do mind the traffic) Still looking but figured I better get something quick, can always change it if I find something better