Register now to get rid of these ads!

Is Ply-Do still operating ??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tin26, Aug 24, 2013.

1. Tin26

Tin26
    from Australia

Hi - I have been trying to get a catalogue from Ply-Do as I recently bought a 38 Plymouth Coupe and I cannot seem to get any response from them. Does anyone know ? or can anyone tell who I can contact to source bits and pieces as I go along the hotrod trail with my car.
    Thanks Ellie;)

2. I don't know if they are still in business, but I really hope not. They were notorious for poor customer relations and for not sending out catalogs or product in a timely fashion. Even when you did receive their catalog, it looked like they cut and pasted other companies catalogs to make their own. Best to steer clear of them if you can. Depending on what you are looking for, try Steele Rubber products or Kanter or Andy Burnbaum.

3. upspirate

upspirate

I bought several things from them in the late 80's and had no problems with them.

Don't know if they are still in business though....heard something about owner dieing or something

4. Tin26

Tin26
    from Australia

I am firstly trying to get a rubber kit for the entire car - any suggestions. Thanks

5. Gman0046

Gman0046

Never had a problem buying from them. Googled PLYDO and found a website listed plydowebs.com

6. 29moonshine

29moonshine

try steel rubber good fit and well made

7. My understanding is that the owner died several years ago, was running for a short time, now closed. When they were operating up until a few years ago I bought a few items for my '39 and '46 Plymouths, the prices were a bit high and the service was fair at best. Check out Steele for rubber parts.

8. Weasel

Weasel

9. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

I bought things off plydo, and didn't have a problem at first. Then they sent me the wrong part. I had $60 invested. So after days and days, they finally answered. I sent the part back and they sent me another wrong part, which I just put up in the garage, and gave it away after I sold my Plymouth...

I got burned, but it was my fault. There return policy sucks, and so does there hours, and good luck getting ahold of them, and prices are high....

I paid shipping to many times on my deal, and I feel they sent me the wrong part on purpose because of their return policy being no refunds just in store credit. I never bought from them again.

Rubber parts, go through STEELE, or andy Burnbaum (pricey) and there is a bone yard in PA, that has body parts and other hard parts.