Register now to get rid of these ads!

Over rated??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cavman, Aug 22, 2013.

1. What I haven't seen anyone mention is that when these were just 20 year old used cars and you could go out and buy one of them for less than $100 bucks...you had a choice of a car with a v8 or a 4 banger. Seems obvious to me what is a better choice.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

Jean Harlow and a V8 Ford were hot stuff in 1932. Today, not so much.

3. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

I am glad they are not on my wish list, however I can appreciate the hell out of them.

4. eaglebeak

eaglebeak

'32 Fords and Harley Davidsons are for the guys with little weenies.

5. Larry T

Larry T

I guess by that logic, no one needs any kind of hotrodded car or chopped ('scuze me, bobbed) bike.
    Just basic jellybean transportation.

6. jmpowie

jmpowie

Your response means little weenie. If you need a 32 or a Harley Davidson over any other type of car or bike you have something lacking.

7. mart3406

mart3406
    from Canada

----------------------
    -------------
    I'm assuming, 'Abomb', that you're
    referring just to '32 Fords??!! :eek::eek::D

Mart3406
    ===============

8. Larry T

Larry T

And if you need a hotrod over a stocker it's the same deal.

Kinda comes down to WHY you're building/driving/riding what you've got and why you're worried about what someone else is building what they're building.

9. turdytoo

turdytoo

Like the guy with the little weenie told the prostitute when she asked him who he was going to satisfy with that little thing, he replied, "Me".

10. solidaxle

solidaxle
    from Upstate,NY

Well at least you didn't mention Corvettes.

11. cavman

cavman

:) or things that go bang :)

12. barett

barett
    from Taylor TX

I fell in love with my first 32 in high school. The fellow I worked for had a bright red 3 window... Completely 80's out... Aluminum everywhere suede interior, tan of course. As he got back into the hobby I got to be around to help out... Even then knowing nothing I knew that car would look better back to basics. Still I thank that car for pointing me in the right direction... Could have easily been that guy in the Honda (not a chance) .......... And then I saw a 33 5 window.. Forgot all about that little deuce.... I'll go to the corner and ice my Internet black eye.

13. For people that know the difference I would take quiet a while to list it all,,and the fact is when it was time to sell the 32 will have appreciated in value,the Model A would probably lose value,,sad but true. HRP

14. InstantT

InstantT
    from SoCal

Even if he has a little weenie, he's got the dough for a deuce, so he gets the girl. That leaves me showing my big weenie to my T. (Sigh) I wish I had a little weenie too.

15. Muttley

Muttley

'32's are cool (obviously) but I'd rather have a comparable Model A and the price difference in cash.

16. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

,^^^^^^well said..

17. XERB

XERB

Gee, there could be a flood of others mentioned too, Mustangs, T Birds...I guess it all depends what fence folks sit on...keeps everyone amused though, have a nice day...

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  18. I didn't bother to take pictures, couldn't get them developed back then. I could have gotten one of the back seat developed for you I suppose.

19. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

I like them and if one comes my way at the right price I will buy it but not as a keeper. I cannot stand being confined in a interior space no matter how "cool" it is.
    Few years back I ended up with a A roadster. Woooo-hoooo!!! Then I sat in it. Sold it 10 minutes later. Ridden in my buddies 34 5 window. Claustrophobic. Went back to a 55 Chevy as it is roomy.
    Same reason it's boxers over tighty whities. I need room to move;)

20. Right on Bob. Right on.

Attached Files:

21. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Same here. Wait, what are we talking about, the '32 or the teenager?

22. aonemarine

aonemarine
    from Delaware

well I could keep a deuce in the garage with no issues, but the TAP...not so much

23. Have you been peeking again? :D HRP

24. raprap

raprap
    from Ohio

Even in the 60's when muscle cars were king, I wanted a Deuce. Almost had one but my dad said they were fast but junk then and now. That was in in 1965. He was a depression guy and anything that reminded him of it was no good. He said buy a newer car that won't give you any problems. I bought a 1958 Impala. Been buying GM cars ever since. I hate them now because they are so ugly. I'll keep my '40 until a nice Nomad comes around! Not!

25. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

Im not sure about over rated but I think there over done... Theres too many of them, all in the same style... Kinda like 55 and 57 chevys... There both everywhere...

26. FRANKTHECRANK

FRANKTHECRANK

Excellent post. :D

27. ...just my opinion, but there are so many other cars & trucks that are just as cool or cooler than 32 Fords....but I do like to draw them...along with other stuff.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  28. 66tintop

66tintop
    from Canada

32-33-34 are not overrated at all, are they expensive -hell yes ! But only if you can't afford one or three ! But what isn't expensive these days ! They are like real estate , expensive today - cheap tomorrow ! Deal with it , they will not cheaper, so I likely will never own one let alone 2 or 3 !:(

29. Flathead47

Flathead47
    from ontario

32's , A models , 33 - 34's are all kool ........ but nothing beats the open road in a 36 cab or roadster ....... try finding a good one .....

30. 66tintop

66tintop
    from Canada

Heck I don't even seen one , am I missing out !