Register now to get rid of these ads!

Soon to be crushed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Wally, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Wally

Wally
    from Iowa

:mad: I don't have room or the extra cash. Sad.:(
    Located in the really small town of Lakefield MN.

Attached Files:

2. Brucekoukalaka

Brucekoukalaka
    BANNED

Damn I wish I lived in Minisnowta!!!!!!!

3. RamJet1

RamJet1

That's a crying shame. Broke and in the wrong state.

4. Wally

Wally
    from Iowa

more pictures

5. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

Give us the Name, number, and address of the yard where they are located maybe some H.A.M.B er's with a few extra $$$ will rescue some of them.

6. Chatsworth

Chatsworth

Bullshit! Save them!

Please!

7. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I would edit the title of your thread to something along the lines of...

"Calling all MINNESOTA Hambers! Beat the crusher!"

You might get the attention of enough folks there able to save some of the old iron.

8. Wally

Wally
    from Iowa

Let's try again,

Attached Files:

9. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Looks like a pretty good bunch of vintage tin. Love those pickups.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

10. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Wow, what a waste.

11. Barn Hunter

Barn Hunter

We need a location and contact info.
    Somebody's gotta save some of them.
    There's some good looking metal there.

12. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah, Wally...post the contact info.

13. Chatsworth

Chatsworth

Why doesn't another boneyard just step in and buy the entire lot? They know the scarcity and value of such vintage vehicles...don't they?!

14. Wally

Wally
    from Iowa

Lakefield has only like 1,500 people. On the west side edge of town about in the middle is where it is located. Super easy to find. Talk to Dennis or Ron. Dennis has a cell phone and the number is 507-840-1246 Please call him between 8 and 5 Monday thru Friday or Saturday between 8 and noon.

Good luck!! I hope someone can save a few.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  15. Wally

Wally
    from Iowa

Do a MapQuest search for Lakefield MN and zoom in to the west side of town. Do the birds eye view thing where you can see the actual buildings and such. You will see an area that's black dirt and has what looks like junk piles and big yellow pay loader and a excavator. You can use Bing Maps or Google Maps and do the same thing.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  16. Wally

Wally
    from Iowa

Just remember that the picture you see might be 2 or 3 years old so the cars I just took pictures of won't be in the pictures you see.

17. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

Most of those look pretty good for Minnesota cars. You did the right thing by posting them on the H.A.M.B. ;)

18. Wally

Wally
    from Iowa

I just thought is was a huge waste if they get turned into Honda's or Toyota's. I like seeing old cars and thought if I can't save them maybe some one else could.​

19. slammed

slammed

Deadline/time frame for the cars fate?[​IMG] This is the county shaded and the town is nearly bulls eye center of county. What is the $ per ton lately in that area?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  20. Post Apocalyptic Kustoms

Post Apocalyptic Kustoms
    BANNED
    from Outside

Sadly those those sick, twisted fucks that crush good stuff like that are all over the midwest. I've seen more good stuff like that go to the crusher than I care to remember.

POST THE INFO SO SOMEBODY CAN SAVE SOME OF THEM, OR BETTER YET POST THE INFO SO THAT SOME PEOPLE IN OTHER COUNTRIES CAN SEE THEM, THEY WILL BE MORE LIKELY TO SAVE THEM THAN ALL OF US BROKE-ASSES IN THE USA.

21. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Is that 52-54 Ford a two door or four door??

22. Wally

Wally
    from Iowa

Dennis has been busy lately but he told me he would crush them around August or September. He told me that about a month ago. I've been trying to spread the word for a month but days keep passing by and no one is getting any parts off of these cars or buying the whole car.
    I would think that if your into swap meets you could get a huge inventory of doors and hoods, deck lids, steering wheels, fenders, etc. etc. to sell at the next swap meet. I would think you could make 2 or 3 two door cars our of all the parts you have to choose from. There are 2 Fleetlines too. I know a guy could make one good one out of the 2 for sure with parts left over to sell. I know that there are 2 1949 or 1950 Chevy automatic cars there. Guys like to take the rear end gears out and put them in there 48 to 55 Chevy pick ups. They are a higher gear good for highway speeds.

23. Wally

Wally
    from Iowa

It's a 4 door. I think it said Customline on the fender tag. Is that a good model?

24. SuRfAcE_RuSt

SuRfAcE_RuSt

Sounds like a good parts car..

25. stimpy

stimpy

sure its not on the west end of town on berg street???

43.677492,-95.177616 lat/long location

26. Hate to say this stuff usually gets crushed because some asshole complained to the health dept.

27. Wally

Wally
    from Iowa

You're Right!
    Thanks! I've had a long day, glad you caught it this soon.
    I had east side, I've changed it to west side. Not like anyone here could have went into one of the 2 gas stations in town and asked where the scrap yard is. It's so easy to find that even though I gave everyone wrong directions they still could have found it.

28. stimpy

stimpy

its ok , there is what looks to be one next to the redi mix plant on the main drag on the east side , don't want to have some poor guy go why all these guys stopping here looking for old cars ??? LOL

497 miles and no money and a 50 pontiac sitting for the picking , I have a guy down the street from me who is clearing out his yard , but most of the cars have been picked thru and have Illinois salvage titles so they must go to scrap after this . steel must be going up in price again .

29. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Since nobody wanted to do the reality check reply, here goes:

Who on here has the acreage, time, funds and transport equipment to get them all in a secure location?

No? Ok, who has a complete but totally rusted bowl of shit to transfer all of the good parts to one of these hulks, and do you have the time, transportation and cash to go save just 1?

No? Ok, how far are you willing to drive, and what will you take with you in order to just salvage all the good stuff like 1/4 panels, hoods, fenders, bumpers, etc?

Yep, that's what I thought. Anyone who's EVER hauled sheet metal to swap meets knows that unless it's that uber rare hood to some "gotta have" muscle car, or NOS replacement sheet metal, AND CAN PROVE IT, and even those 2 scenarios, THE SHIT DOESN'T SELL. Why? 70% of the folks walking through are browsing and drove the Toyota Camry to the meet. "Geez I shoulda brought my truck, deh-heh..." Drag that shit to a 1/2 dozen meets with no sale, or even close to the expense of salvage costs. You too will become jaded in a hurry and understand why some of us know, YOU CAN'T SAVE EM ALL. It makes as much financial sense to sell it for scrap to us as it does for those yards. How long have those cars been there? And that stuff is still left? How much to ship a Chevy 1/4 panel from there to Motown, how much time will he need to remove it properly, how good is where the swooning photos don't show?

I'm not pissin in your collective coffees this morning, just kind of tired of this "save the poor cars" theme. Why, so Bubba Mouthbreather can tell me my price is too high? That he bought one once for $5? So the guy draggin his pregnant wife and 3yr old in tow wishes he could afford that stuff now for when the day comes he can build his car?

Do the math. They built MILLIONS of these cars back then. Get off yer ass and find the stuff, and don't bitch when that fender costs $125. Give the man what he wants for saving that precious trim piece. Network with your fiends that have like interests and keep your eye on the ball. And last but not least, enjoy watching these ol dogs become a frame rail in a GMC truck. Yeah, I said GMC. I'm more positive than others thinking it'll become a Kia.:cool:

30. Some of those cars look like they'd flip pretty easy for the time to clean them up a little and get them up and rolling. The red Chevy tudor, the Pontiac 4-door fastback, some of the pickups - really any of the Chevys that are fairly complete, if you paid scrap price for them, you could make money on.