Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage RWYB Nostalgia Drags @ Reynolds, GA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirty old man, May 17, 2013.

1. captmullette

captmullette

thanks dave but I cant take but a little credit for the interior......

2. BAD A

BAD A

Don't have a tent, camper or swap meet parts. Just a fast old truck. But man its a long way, for maybe 50 cars total.

3. No telling how many will come, but I suspect 50+ HAMB friendly plus another 50-75 nice later model drag cars and street cars alike. I understand about the long haul though brother. I would suggest going to the Atlanta $10,000 Drag Race & Car Show if you are looking for volume. We are slowly building this event to be better and better each year, but I seriously doubt it will ever be the caliber as the aforementioned $10k drags are. But hey it is a heck of a good time and no where near as strict as Commerce when it comes to tech. We sure would like to see that fast ole truck though and I prolly have a brand new never opened 3 person sized tent that I've never used that you are welcome to borrow for the night. :cool:

4. Jaybird60

Jaybird60

Me and my brother will be coming, although we got nothing to run we will be spectatin' with the best of 'em! Cant wait.

5. chopped

chopped

I'll go just to meet the guy with two cats on his shoulders.

6. It will be a good time get in a little drag racing or just hang with some great guys and gals maybe even some good highlights on the big screen after dark

7. Oh man sounds like Burnout is calling me out :D so you found the stickers on your car from last time I take it.

Brad - you got a movie theater in that camper?

8. Yeah man on the outside bring your go cam

9. Alright! Sounds like we have our first grudge race in the makings :cool:

[​IMG] days til go time!

[​IMG]

10. 20 days and counting :cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. I cough wind of a grudge match something like they could take the Can O Worms but i think some one is dreaming big lets see what happens

12. Hmmm, sounds interesting Brad :D The Can is the one to beat IF Josh can make it out this time :confused:

13. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave

Josh won the Hog Mountain Garage Black Saturday trophy at Calhoun a couple of years ago when Terry's Nova broke an axle on the starting line. Despite the abuse heaped on the trophy, I understand its been restored and looking for a new home. We're planning a rematch at RWYB.

Can O Worms is lighter and makes more HP so we're at a disadvantage. But races aren't won or lost on paper. That's why we have drag strips.

14. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Yeah, seems like back a ways in this thread there was somke trash talking coming from somebody else too, Dave.
    Who knows , some guy we never heard of may show up a grab the trophy and run! A guy in a black "A" Model coupe did that a few years back. His last round was won with the fabric top streamed out behind the car like a drag chute!
    Trophy was intended as a "perpetual" one, but he ain't been back to puit it up for grabs. Think he was from around Hamilton, GA.

15. I will be out of pocket until Monday, so if someone can help keep this thread visible it would be greatly appreciated.

[​IMG] days til go time!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Scot, I'm gonna be at ATL Motor Speedway all weekend myself, so I hope somebody can "carry the torch" for both of us. How 'bout it Hog Mtn. Dave?

17. Have fun Dave (DOM) Stay cool brother and don't over do it. I am heading to the redneck riviera to soak up some sun and have a few dozen fresh oysters at the Flora-Bama :cool:

18. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

Back to the top from Utah. Gonna miss this year,wont be home til the end of Sept. Hope to see some pics. Any way to get a couple shirts from 2000 miles away?

19. Contact Jimmy (redsled)

20. Just over 2 weeks to and we can't wate hod a blast last year but im going to have to get on it the 29 Chevy has a missing lob on the cam new one will be here Tuesday maybe she will end up with a little more power

21. captmullette

captmullette

you will be there...........

22. scottmech

scottmech
    from GA

Are the Nostalgia Drag car entries the only cars racing, or are there sportsman/test and tune cars there as well?

23. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave

There will be other cars too, but any time I've been there the car count allowed for plenty of passes. Last time we had the coupe at RWYB we made 8 passes in 4 hrs. and changed something on the car between each run.

24. We will be there only 14 days to go

25. scottmech

scottmech
    from GA

Cool....thanks.

26. 13 days to go guys and gals less than 2 weeks

27. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

bumpin it to the top. hope scot is having a good time.