Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Econoline Madness Who's got one?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kornfedlifer, Apr 25, 2007.

1. notrod13

notrod13
    from long beach

that tailgate is freaking awesome!!!!!

2. econolineherb

econolineherb

Hi . I called Red Bank Recycling and the vans are sold . They did not pay scrap price for them . The one that's still there is waiting to be picked up . The first one is being worked on now . Hope the new owners join the Econo groups .
    Herb Fl.

3. My 1st truck when I was 17 was a 1966 e van the long verserion.I drove that thing from N . J. all the way to Key West Fla. and back ,Wild times in that truck . Bruce.

4. econolineherb

econolineherb

Hi . Joe and Jess have been released and are at home . Real Good News

5. Great news, those pictures just hurt to look at.

6. econolineherb

econolineherb

The pics shook my @ss up so bad i put seat/ shoulder belts in my '65 Econoline Panel . I'll put them in my '64 Panel and '61 E pup when i start driving them again .

7. johnnybentwrench

johnnybentwrench

Yeah, I need to put my seat belts back in!! glad they are OK

8. j.r. Nice

j.r. Nice

Well, thanks for the information and motivation!!

I had 1999 6 way Explorer seats in mine and I hated the look. Way too tall, but I didn't want to lose the 6 way adjustability.

Out of curiosity, I went down to Jegs and picked up the driver side Scat/Procar seat like yours. It mounted pretty easily to the modified Explorer seat base. What a great combo!! I lost the power lumbar, but I really don't care at this point.

The cool thing about the Scats, other than they look GREAT, is they fold almost completely flat. I've got a Boxer and he needs a seat. I'm going to have a cover made to "fill in" the highs and lows so he has a flat "bed".

9. Mine has seat belts but not shoulder straps. I don't like the idea of my head going through the windshield so I need to put in a 3 point setup.

10. Hellfish

Hellfish

I have the stock seats and 3-point belts. I need to add one to the passenger side, and eventually in the back for my kids. It hasn't been an issue yet since no one wants to ride with me in a scary, hot, fast, dangerous van anyway. :D

11. Trumped

Trumped

How did you mount your shoulder belt?

12. econolineherb

econolineherb

Hi . Bolted mine in the door jam . Don't know how to add pic .

13. fanspete

fanspete

'The Toad' pulling the Go Kart we're raffling off.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

droppedstepside likes this.
  14. TheTrailerGuy

TheTrailerGuy

I would love to have one but I am afraid that I am just to FAT... (or is it Girth Challenged?) to squeeze in and out of one... I love Hot Rods.. but I LOVE Steak and Beer more I am afraid.

Craig

15. Hellfish

Hellfish

There's a vertical rib just behind the seats. The ribs even have a hole in them at the right height for the shoulder belt bolt, it just needs to be widened. Then I welded th plate in place from the belt kit. It was almost as if Ford was planning shoulder belts as an option

16. 1968pickup

1968pickup
    from ND

what do u guys recommend for wheel size I want to find some cragars for my 63 window van

17. Hellfish

Hellfish

Econolines came with 14" rims stock, but optional 13" rims. Tires for 13" rims are nearly impossible to get these days, and supposedly 14" are on their way out too. You might consider 15s then.

18. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah, I am moving my Falcon up to modern rubber. If I want 13's they now have to be ordered. Not cool on an eventful road trip.

19. 1968pickup

1968pickup
    from ND

the guy I got both my 63 econolines from said that bias ply tires work better than radials because of less sidewall flex has anyone else ever heard this I am not much of a tire guy don't now if this would be right or not

20. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

I've driven these with both bias and radial tires, my current pickup has bias... not much difference aside from the usual bias ply issues that have been discussed ad nauseum here, mainly following grooves in the pavement, etc...

21. Steve Stephenson

Steve Stephenson

Here's my '64. It has factory four speed on the column, souped up 289, Muncie four speed, nine inch rear end, fifteen inch wheels and many other mods. And many more mods planned. Very fun to drive.

Attached Files:

22. 3onthetree3

3onthetree3
    from Saugerties

23. 12packo94s

12packo94s

My dad's truck at the Relix Riot

Attached Files:

24. johnnybentwrench

johnnybentwrench

Finally found a good tail gate

Attached Files:

25. tiki_spike

tiki_spike

I just built a tonneau cover for my truck. Had it upholstered right in time for the Tiki Oasis car show down in San Diego, last weekend.

Still need to shave the tailgate chains (even though I love them) and rig up the latches and the gas props to lift the hatch. Works for now though!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. 1968pickup

1968pickup
    from ND

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

27. BrandonSilva

BrandonSilva

I have a '62 econoline van! Who wants to buy it? Cragars, new upholstered seats...I gotta sell it before this whole "van thing" becomes popular again...maybe I'll just get a horse and move way up into the mountains...

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

28. tiki_spike

tiki_spike

Why can you only see some pictures when you are logged in?? My above post makes me look like an idiot without being able to see the pictures...

29. dirttoo

dirttoo

I see your pics.

30. I have a RARE 64 five window pickup, pretty plain Jane as to trim , etc. what makes it rare , is a 4-speed on the column, I have heard of production numbers on the 4-speeds being anywhere from 68 up to 1600 and stories of most of the 4-speed equipped ones going overseas, I don't know what is the true story , It is for sale tho' , Joe