Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Adopting a little hot rodder!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dimebag, Jul 16, 2013.

1. I don't have any plates to send you. I adopted my first wife's two sons and daughter in '74. I raised them as if they were my biological kids ,never regretted it. My mother said something about having a child and I told her to either accept these kids as mine or take my name out of the family bible. that was never mentioned again. Congratulations are in order for you and your wife.

Lee

2. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

found the one I was looking for, its on its way! Once you get the room revampted we will need pics!!

3. Just saw this, PM me, I have some cool South Dakota ones.

4. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

This is so cool. I want to adopt someday soon once I get a handle on my own children. Very very great thing you're doing.

I'll see what I have laying around.

5. dimebag

dimebag
    from Joliet, il

Hey Matt I just got the plate today, it is so awesome!!! Thanks again to all that have helped so far!! I swear soon as I get enough plates to do the room, I will put them up and take and post pics!! Thanks to all again!!!!

6. lukey

lukey

I have some early 60s Illinois plates I can send u. Pm an address and I will get them shipped

-LUKEY-

7. good on you and your wife. we have a grandson Marcus we have had since he was born by my oldest daughter so we are mom and dad a roll i love. in Jan of this year we were ask to take 7 other grand kids by the state of Ut.

8. maniac

maniac

Gonna drop one at the post office in the AM, good on you for giving those kids a home:D

9. Jim R.

Jim R.

What a great way to show God's Love. Blessings to you and your family!

10. belair

belair

Don't have any plates, but adoptive parents are heros in my book. God bless your family.

11. Model T1

Model T1

Good luck. We are from Pekin and have been to Joliet many times. Adopted our second son's son, our first grandson. Long story. His wife rejected the baby 24 years ago this month.
    Funny, our other three kids are not interested in old cars. This one has been working on them with me since he was 1 1/2 years old. He actually helped at that age on the station wagon pictured. He's in the garage right now.
    Hope your little man becomes a rodder.;)
    God Bless you both!

12. Good luck with the adoption and the renovations. My wife and I just had our first child almost 3 months ago this sunday. A baby boy, and boy they do get big quick. By the way. I have a couple of '70'S/'80'S NJ Commercial Plates if you would like one of them. They are kind of ratty though. Fairly beat up and faded. . .
    Um. . . Let me find them first and ill post a pic so you can pick one out. Adam

13. Hey Dimebag, I found one of my plates that i was looking for. Its in a lot better shape than the plates i wanted to find but if you want it ill send it out on Monday or Tuesday. Adam

Attached Files:

14. dimebag

dimebag
    from Joliet, il

Hey Adam that would be great-thank you so much!!!

15. stimpy

stimpy

Dime bag your right around the corner from me , odd I never seen your car .. are Hoosier plates Ok?? I have to check to see if I still have my old plates around from the 80's ( had 2 sets of the famous Indiana Astros plates in my piles) [​IMG]

16. dimebag

dimebag
    from Joliet, il

Yeah the more colorful the plates the better, and the car in my profile was sold a while back-sellers remorse has me not taking the pic down!

17. Veronyn

Veronyn
    from kansas

Congrats on the new addition to you family! Boys are a lot of fun and will drive the big sister crazy :D We have some plates from Washington, Virginia, Oklahoma and Texas still...all from I'd guess 2000 up. Nothing too spectacular, but if you're interested I'd be happy to help make your room better. It might take some time though as we're moving and everything is pretty boxed up around here....even though the big day isn't for 3 months..ug.

18. Hey Dimebag, Just to let you know, im putting the plate in the mail tomorrow if i can make it there. Adam