Register now to get rid of these ads!

chopping a mid century mopar...help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Studebakester, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Studebakester

Studebakester
    from Oxnard, CA

OK. I've got my final full car restoration/kustom and I want to do a mild chop on it. Something like 2 - 2-1/2". Just enough to make people take a double take to see if it is chopped or not. That way I don't have to give up all my headroom, either.
    The car is a 1955 Chrysler/DeSoto, meaning it is actually a Chrysler but it is registered as a DeSoto, and it is getting a full kustom treatment, anyway, so it doesn't matter.
    Has anyone out there chopped one of these freakishly lovely cars. I know D'Agostino has one and I've seen pictures of a few others, but don't know the people behind the cuts.
    I have some weird ideas about how to cut mine, but I need to bounce them off some "experienced" hackmen.
    Any help out there?
    BTW, it is a 2 dr hdtp.
    Thanx in advance. db
    OH yeah....gotta cut the windshield, too and trying to not have to have a new rear window made as I'm poor and consequently, cheap. So I'm looking to do this as right as I can as cheaply as I can. Anybody relate?

2. slammed

slammed

[​IMG] CAr like this? Glass and its Gremlins are always $-$! When chopping anything. http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/member.php?u=777 This addy is HAMB member CHOPRODS Pro's pro when it comes to the chop of anything. Check his albums. He may have some advice, if you ask nicely.

3. Studebakester

Studebakester
    from Oxnard, CA

slammed, yes that's the same body style I'm working with. Mine wasn't a 300, though. It would be hard to cut one of those, at least one that nice. Thanx for the heads-up on choprods. I will check in with him as soon as I have some time. db

4. roddinron

roddinron

Here's one a friend did a few years back.

[​IMG][​IMG]

5. Studebakester

Studebakester
    from Oxnard, CA

THAT'S A BEAUTIFUL CAR. i'D LOVE TO TALK TO GUY THAT CHOPPED IT..sorry, didn't mean to yell:)