Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sneak peek, 'Max-built' A on deuce rails

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 51Gringo, Sep 16, 2011.

1. LDNFAST

LDNFAST

Turned out sik

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. HTown39

HTown39

Anyone know who did the work on the kick up for the rear of this frame or who built the frame? I love the height of this coupe and the fact that it's this low and not channeled. Very nice!

3. Wow! I missed this one. Did the car ever get painted?

4. 4wd1936

4wd1936
    from NY

The bolts are called spring jackers, used on dirt track cars way back when. Google Flemke front ends to see how this genius used them with a transverse spring split into two short springs. Works well in the rear also and equally useful for adjusting ride height.

5. EarlyFordV8

EarlyFordV8
    from Dallas

You can tell your a great craftsman. Too much channel ... it would be perfect otherwise.

6. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I think you need to back up and take another look, zee'd frame, etc., but no channeling!
    Maybe another dozen or two posts before you work up to criticizing builds?

7. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I always wondered what happened to this car! Turned out great! Incredible fab work...

8. HTown39

HTown39

Does anyone know who built this frame? Been looking for someone who builds a similar deuce style frame for my project. I love the look of this coupe.

9. Halfdozen

Halfdozen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Go back to page one, post one, and start reading.

10. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Love your ideas and superb craftsmanship. What a nice car the model-A will be when finished.

11. HTown39

HTown39

Hey thanks, but I have actually read every post in this thread and have searched for the answer to my frame question. If I missed it I'll no doubt go look again to make sure.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

12. Halfdozen

Halfdozen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Page one, post one begins with "I've been building this '31 for Pepe Heredia"...
    The builder is Max Ferrell, aka 51Gringo, the original poster. Follow the link at the bottom of any of his posts to his website.

13. This looks extra similar to a Pinkees chassis. They've done a few cars with a similar vibe. www.Pinkeesrodshop.com

14. Sick build !! Late again to the show........always miss the great ones.....but the re-runs are just as cool ! Great work 'Gringo man.