Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. j harvey

j harvey
    from pa

hello i am interested in finding connections to old parts currently im working on a 54 lincoln capri i pulled out of a field.needs a lot but it will be cool when i get it going first off i need tail lights. second does anyone know what i could expect from orig drivetrain?

2. 75SSShovel

75SSShovel
    from Idaho

Original drivetrain expensive to buy parts for..with that said, I kept my original in my 54 Capri....Runs ok and drives ok...my big issue is the tranny right now. Tricky to tune just right. Lots of people drop SBC in these cars, I wouldnt, but people do. As far as tail lights....not sure. Let me know if you find something! Any questions let me know..this place is a great resource and has helped me out a lot!

3. kein

kein

Good luck with the search, I have been researching as much as I can and there isn't much out there as far as resourses go...so far anyway. As far as the drivetrain goes, all the reading I have done tells me the motor and tranny are awesome as long as they are in good shape. Don't know about mine yet but I will find out next summer. Good luck

4. j harvey

j harvey
    from pa

dont hate me guys but i am thinking im going to us a 79 ford doner truck for the parts i need (drive train) being that i already have it.i would have loved to keep 317 i think but it has sat for too long with out carb, afraid id be lookin at buying a new motor.prolly end up fabing in some other tail lights.thank you for responding

5. j harvey

j harvey
    from pa

i have to believe a 429 would fit without a problem am i wrong?

6. kein

kein

Oh boy....is the motor that bad? I had a '64 Buick with a 401 that was stuck to the point we broke 2 pistons out with a hammer to be able to disassemble it. After the rebuild that motor ran flawlessly for the 12 years I owned the car. There is hope.....

7. j harvey

j harvey
    from pa

i will mess with it i just kno how my luck is so im trying to come up with back up plans kickin around my options

8. j harvey

j harvey
    from pa

let me know if you find a good place for motor or trans parts i would appreciate it

9. squeaky32

squeaky32

ill have to look through my receipts, i have one from some place in southern california that sells tail lights for a 54 that the owner before me bought

10. Welcome from socal

11. Welcome along from New Zealand , I run a Lincoln Y block in my daily driven '53 F100 . They are great engines , nothing else quite like em :)

12. Hemishovel

Hemishovel

Welcome from wi