Register now to get rid of these ads!

Flex a lite nylon fans worth using ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rustytoolss, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Rustytoolss

Rustytoolss

Anyone got any experience with Flex a lite nylon engine cooling fans ? I rarely run over 4,000 rpm very rarely. Just woundering if they pull more air at low speed/ any problems with age ? just asking. Was thinking of one instead of electric.

2. I use the metal fan they make,,have it on all 3 hot rods. HRP

[​IMG]

3. BISHOP

BISHOP

I was thinking about running one too.

4. stimpy

stimpy

the are great for a dog toy and thats about it , if you can bend the blade with your hand , its not going to pull any air . as the air resistance is greater

Deuces likes this.

5. Drive Em

Drive Em

Yes I they are worth using. Those fans pull alot of air and work really well. I have them on two of my cars with no problem.

6. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

7. Drive Em

Drive Em

8. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

I can only tell you that the flex a lite electric ones are really good.
    Jay

9. I have used there black plastic fans on several cars. they pull lots of air and have never had a problem.

10. Streetslick

Streetslick

Thanks for the answer. I have 1.5" clearance, on a V8 Vega, and without butchering up the car, I must go with a fixed blade fan.

11. I've been running the same nylon flexalite on my 55 for 15 years with zero issues. Pulls PLENTY of air (will hold a t shirt against the radiator at idle). Don;t forget the shroud if you have the space.

12. wheeltramp brian

wheeltramp brian

Are you guys talking about the one that looks like 1 1/2" angle iron made of plastic?if so I didn't have luck years ago with it.