Register now to get rid of these ads!

51 wrecker ubolt question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jdeshler, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Jdeshler

Jdeshler
    BANNED

Quick question for you guys! Sorry if its a silly one but I have already ordered one wrong set.. I have a 1951 3600 Chevrolet truck and need to know if these are the right u bolts.. thanks in advance!!

[​IMG]

2. Jdeshler

Jdeshler
    BANNED

Come on guys help me get the ol lazy wrecker goin In my build thread again!!:D

[​IMG]

3. What's the dimensions of what you need?
    Most local spring shops will have a serious variety of u bolts on the shelf.

4. Jdeshler

Jdeshler
    BANNED

[[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I would go to a shop but there are none around here.. it would cost me 50$ just to drive to one.. thanks for the reply btw!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If it's a 3/4 ton that someone changed to dual rear wheels those should be right. If the truck came as a 1 ton there is the chance that they aren't.

I'd email them or call them and get the exact measurments of the U bolts.

If it is truly a 3600 your weight slip on the tag on the door post should read either 5200 or 5800 gross vehicle weight depending on what tires and wheels it came with originally.

A one ton with duals would have an 8800 gvw rating.

From looking at the front wheels it is most likly a 3600 that someone put dual rear wheels on though.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  6. Jdeshler

Jdeshler
    BANNED

Does this help mr48?

[​IMG]

7. That's a 1 ton door sticker
    The catalog page is for 3/4 ton.

Ps.
    Called my local spring shop
    They have those in stock @ 1/2 material.
    4 of them with Extra long HD nuts and HD washers is 34.87 out the door with tax. They are 4-7/8 deep and can be cut down to 4" easily.

You'll be looking at 60.00 plus shipping from the catalogue for 3/4 ton bolts.
    If they aren't the same as 1 ton bolts, I'm sure the 1 tons would be more $ from those guys.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  8. Jdeshler

Jdeshler
    BANNED

Oh awesome!! I'm close to mobile Alabama so I need to find a shop there.. I know they can be mailed to me.. thank you for the tip and calling for me vicky31!

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  9. Jdeshler

Jdeshler
    BANNED

Okay, since I do have the extra' set of bolts anyways check this out..

Here they are compaired

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can see the 1 ton bolts under the (3600 I'm guessing) bolts.. there isn't much difference but they are somewhat beefier.. the 235 has long since retired to have my 250 put in.. I'm guessing its quite a few pounds lighter.. anyways what I'm getting at is do you guys think the slimmer (maybe by 2/16's) bolts will work? Thanks!! James