Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Eastwood & Barakat

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rick Barakat, Apr 30, 2011.

1. jalopy45

jalopy45

Again relying on high school French I think the lead photo caption is "A photo that many passionates hoped for one day is that of a reconstructed historical figures posing with the engine that has been made known around the world", I guess that makes you and Pete world famous reconstructed figures, or I could have lost something in the translation. :confused:
    The shot with you and Pete holding and pointing at the cover was touchy too but It roughly translates to "This is Pete Eastwood who is driving in full discussion with the beautiful blonde, while owner Rick Barakat with the mustache is back behind the sublime Cuda of Allen Owen"
    I should have paid more attention in school..

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  2. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

preciate the extra effort to post the picks.they made my day here in rain soaked carolina. to wet to go anywhere so i will just do SOMETHING to the coupe. always something to do if you drive em but i enjoy it........................

3. Great feature! Neat pics too!

4. lomonte

lomonte
    from Indep., MO

Reppin' E&B pickin' up the new truck in Houston! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377004217.031735.jpg

5. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

lomonte-
    Glad to see your representing in style!:D

I tried to post more pages of the article, but the site wouldn't upload. I'll try later.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  6. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Here are some other pages of the article.

Attached Files:

• AM4.jpg
      AM4.jpg
      File size:
      487 KB
      Views:
    • AM5.jpg
      AM5.jpg
      File size:
      477.1 KB
      Views:
    • AM6.jpg
      AM6.jpg
      File size:
      506.9 KB
      Views:
  7. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

WOW!!!! your gettin gud at posting these picks. i got to get on the ball and post some of the coupe. i wonder if my 11yo granddaughter is busy tomorrow. she is already a socialite........................

8. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

oh yeah- i notice you are using a column shift.i hav one also but have wanted a floor shift. do you recommend one that was used back in the eighties when my coupe was built? (350 automatic).........................

9. Tio Geo

Tio Geo

Looking good! Rick, you need to get some cool sunglasses like Pete has

10. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

26hotrod-
    Back in the 70's, many of us used Mustang floor shifters. By the time the Sedan was built we switched to a column shift for the space and convenience.

Tio Geo-
    Prescription sunglasses never look good so I skip them. Check out the last two pages of the article I will be posting tomorrow. They are the best by far and you will find them very up front and personal!

Most of you know I don't mind poking a little fun at myself. So here goes. Last night I went to a car show at my church with Jan. Coincidentally Pete was there too. It seems a local guy owns Tom Prufer's '34 3 window. There were a lot of really nice cars there. About 50 or so. Free show and free food. And they do it twice a month in the summer. It was our first time going there. Anyway Pete, Jan and I are eating while the live music is playing and in between songs they are raffling off different items. All of a sudden Jan says,"that's our number". She goes up and gets an event T-shirt and a 2 gallon gas can. She comes back to the table and comments that she never wins anything. On the way home we _________________. (fill in the blank) Thank God she won the raffle.

11. billsill45

billsill45
    from SoCal

....took an unplanned long walk ??

12. gc427

gc427
    from SoCal

Either Jan won a wet T-shirt contest or you made use of that gas can.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

13. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

thanks 4 the info. i will keep that in mind. i wonder if in the hotrod community there is a market for a collapseable 2gal. gas can????????????????

14. river1

river1

http://www.itzagascan.com/

15. Tio Geo

Tio Geo

16. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

itzagascan.com-ant America great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Tio Geo

Tio Geo

Rick, When is the church's next car show?

18. Langan

Langan
    from Eagle ID.

Hey Ricky
    You and Pete never age! Great to see in magizine.

19. river1

river1

No experience with em just a quick google

later jim

20. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Jim- Thanks for the info on the "gas cans"
    Tio Geo- Done for the summer. You can bet I won't miss them next summer.

Here are the last two pages. I tried to edit the last page but just couldn't delete some of the pictures.:D

I was out at Bobby Walden's shop Saturday and he mentioned it was cool that AM did a fold out poster of the Sedan. I didn't even notice that.
    After I figure out how to get it out of the magazine without ruining it, I will post it also.
    Rick

Attached Files:

• AM7.jpg
      AM7.jpg
      File size:
      508.6 KB
      Views:
    • AM8.jpg
      AM8.jpg
      File size:
      488 KB
      Views:
  21. lomonte

lomonte
    from Indep., MO

Heh, heh.... Pretty good. Glad it's out running around!

22. Mais oui, mon ami!!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

23. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

alrite!!!! thanks so much for the picks. especially liked the profile shot with you and pete. really enjoyed them...................

24. Tio Geo

Tio Geo

Nice photo's of the sedan, and a well written article. However the writer got a little

confused on the person in one of the photos. According to the translation, he wrote that

the " handsome gentleman" (last page of article, center photo) in the green sweat shirt

was a paid professional model, hired by the Eastwood and Barakat people to spice up this

photo shoot! I am sad to say it's not all true.....let me set the record straight. I have

known Rick and Pete for almost 40 years and i would never accept payment to be in a

photo shoot for them. Everything else..good looking...professional model all true. Thanks

Bill for taking great pictures !! If anyone wants me to autograph their copy of this

magazine just get your copy to Rick and he can get a hold of my people......Just having

some fun.........Lets keep this sight going

25. deuceman32

deuceman32

It sounds like the Karma wheel might have come around for that picture from about a thousand posts ago:

[​IMG]

26. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

WHEW!!!!!!!!!! i am glad that translation got straightened out. the hotrodding community should be the most informed of all..................

27. FOURTYDLX

FOURTYDLX

Great shots Iin Mag,

28. Tio Geo

Tio Geo

29. jalopy45

jalopy45

I thought it translated to "Kermit the guy in green keeps the flies under control and loves pork" ;) :D

30. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

jalopy45 aka Gary-
    What a great post! I couldn't stop laughing. Your humor far surpassed Tio Geo this time.