Register now to get rid of these ads!

Warner t-85 leaking...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tom.Sweden, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Tom.Sweden

Tom.Sweden
    from Sweden

Hi I wounder if anyone can check what kind of oil seals I will need för my transmission? Its a warner t-85 3 speed with overdrive. I'm about to buy some stuff for it because its leaking as hell...// Thank you guys, Tom

2. Fortyfordguy

Fortyfordguy

Depends on the year and make your T85 came from, but it may or may not have a seal in the front bearing retainer. There are two seals for your shifter shafts in the side cover. There is a bitty little seal in the OD adapter casting where the solenoid mounts. There is a seal in the tail housing for the lock-out shaft, and finally a seal at the end of the tail housing. Figure on a complete gasket set. Also, while you have the tail housing off, replace the rear bushing where the slip yoke rides. You'll also want the round expansion plug (your trans probably uses one) on the top of the tail housing, as this is usually deformed in removal to get to the snap ring below. We stock all of this.

3. Tom.Sweden

Tom.Sweden
    from Sweden

Hi again, do you think you can put together the parts I will need for it when I disamble it? Like gaskets, seals and the bearing in the back for the outgoing shaft? Sorry for my bad english hehe, thanks Tom