Register now to get rid of these ads!

Things to do in Finland??????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 47chevycoupe, Jan 5, 2012.

1. 47chevycoupe

47chevycoupe
    from Finland

The ex and I hosted a foreign exchange student from Finland a couple of years ago. Now I am thinking about going over there this summer June/July is the expected travel time.

Just wondering if there is anything car related to do. Will fly into Helsinki and will be staying in the Kirkkonummi area. Its close to Helsinki.

2. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

3. Sauli

Sauli

Every 1st Friday evening of the month through the summer months there´s the "Helsinki Cruise Night" for vintage US cars at the Helsinki Market Square right by the waterfront and the presidential palace. Seems to draw hundreds of cars there over the evening, and You can see them out on the streets all over town that night.
    And IF..., by any chance, You might be around the area over the 1st weekend of August, that´d also be the weekend for "Forssa Pick-Nick", a one-day, Sunday event in the town of Forssa, roughly an hour(?) west of Your residence in Kirkkonummi.
    It´s the main event of the season and draws about 3000+ (or so I´m informed) vintage American cars to stop by at the trot-race -track in the town of Forssa over the Sunday morning and afternoon. Well worth the trip IF You´re still around for that.
    If You want, try googling the names of these events. Might give You the best idea.

BTW, is Your host into cars at all...?

4. Risto

Risto

5. Borrow the topick: Tomorrow starts American car show at Helsinki , going there with my son to display our 28 A Roadster.... by driving 160 miles with cheater slicks :confused: The snow is still here , but roads are dry , .... maybe.

6. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

I am going there at today,i am helping a friend of mine with hauling his shovelhead chopper.
    At this side(western Finland) of country the roads are dry and the sun is shining at the moment...

7. 47chevycoupe

47chevycoupe
    from Finland

I would like to thank everyone. I will be visiting Finland the last of may.

8. edsel.fi

edsel.fi

Forssa Pick-Nick is the biggest American car meeting in Finland, it`s held on every 1st sunday of august. Here is best photo collection of that event this year: http://kautsi.1g.fi/kuvat/2013/31st+Forssan+Pick-Nick/
    Maybe 3000 cars attended this year, some tasty customs too !

9. 33hotrod

33hotrod

WOW! What a photo album that was! edsel.fi Cool cars in Finland! Stan