Register now to get rid of these ads!

34 Plymouth 4 door into a limo!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by heatnbeat, Aug 19, 2013.

1. heatnbeat

heatnbeat
    from Madera,Ca.

A friend called me and asked me to help him with his new project, making a limo from a 4 door Plymouth. When I got there he had stretched it 47" chopped it 4" and stiffened the shit out of it. I took some profiles from the body lines and made a die for my Pullmax from some Delrin. Took about 3 hours to machine the die and about 10 minutes to make the body panels. He decided to eliminate the rear door on the driver side. So that panel was 7' long.

This is what He did before I got there! Besides making the side panels with window opening, I will also be making 100" running boards.

I'm posting this from my IPad and it will only let me post one picture at a time.

Attached Files:

2. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

Looks like a good project, is he putting a mopar back into it?

3. heatnbeat

heatnbeat
    from Madera,Ca.

Here is the die I made for my pullmax to make the side panels

It came out real nice!

Attached Files:

4. heatnbeat

heatnbeat
    from Madera,Ca.

Here is the panel on the passenger side. It is just clamp for now.

I don't know what motor he is going to put in it:confused:

Attached Files:

5. heatnbeat

heatnbeat
    from Madera,Ca.

Here is the driver side panel. Like I said no rear door on this side. We had to cut around the fender arch. I put a bend on top for the window opening. And will be making a window frame to match the other window openings.

This is we're I'm at right now!

Attached Files:

6. badshifter

badshifter

Awesome. How long does a delrin die last, and how many passes to get to the final shape?

7. rickhmn

rickhmn
    from minnesota

Very cool project and very nice work. I have considering going the other direction and making a 4 door sedan into a 2 door, two seat convertible. Anyone ever done it?

8. SWEET!!...always told my kids I wish to do that.....even had a name...slimosine...nice work!!!!..

9. heatnbeat

heatnbeat
    from Madera,Ca.

About 5-6 passes. It took 4 of us to run the panels to keep them flat and straight!:)
    As far as the Delrin it will last a long time. I have made a few dies from it. If I think I will use the dies a lot I will use 1/2 steel.

10. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

One being built locally downunder

Attached Files:

11. heatnbeat

heatnbeat
    from Madera,Ca.

I got a little bit more done I bent the top over and started around the windows
    corners I had to make each corner in 2 parts, to make sure everything lined up.
    I will make a straight piece to go between each corner.

Attached Files:

12. Nice work! The machines I install use delrin inserts and the stuff is very machinable and durable.

13. ratster

ratster

that's going to be a work of art

14. The37Kid

The37Kid

Thanks heatnbeat, I think we have all seen a Pullmax, but this may be the first time we've seen a product made in one, nice job. Bob

15. notaford1

notaford1
    from webster ny

There is a 28 Dodge Victory six some guy from Canada did ...he took the standard 4dr sedan and made a very convincing factory appearing 2dr. Its red and you might find some pics on the internet...good luck

16. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

[FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Not a 2 door convertible but a rare OEM 1934 CB Chrysler Convertible Sedan that the owner of the car I posted above sold to his brother in 2012. To be restored and not rodded.
    [/SIZE][/FONT]

Attached Files:

17. notaford1

notaford1
    from webster ny

That die is great...you could use that to make door skins for the 33 an 34 that no one currently offers

18. heatnbeat

heatnbeat
    from Madera,Ca.

Thanks everyone's!:D

Here I got the window finished on the passenger side I got all the lines lined up, welded and sanded even got some primer shot on it. I also did some work on the 100" running boards. But I have to remake them!:eek: the owner decided to help when I was not there and marked were the bend goes in the wrong place! He was off by about 1/2" the running board was laying on the front fender with a 2" over lap, he marked it there then and after cutting it down to the size needed it was way off!:rolleyes: I made him promise not to touch it if I was not there! So he bought another sheet of 18 gage and had it cut in half the long way. I will just let them sit until I get the driver side done.

Attached Files:

19. heatnbeat

heatnbeat
    from Madera,Ca.

Here is what the dies look like in the pullmax

I have made dies out of Delrin, hot roll steel, and even wood. If I plan to make a lot of parts I will make them out of steel and case harden them, with kasinite.

Attached Files:

20. heatnbeat

heatnbeat
    from Madera,Ca.

I got the driver side window finished just like the other side I had to make each corner in 2 pieces then make the vertical piece between them. The owner was sanding the corners right behind me. He also did a little body work and shot some more primer. I think it came out real nice!:D
    The owner has stiffened the shit out of the body using heavy wall tubing! The frame is SUPER stif with heavy wall tubing and thick channel from front to rear

This is were the back driver side door was. The car is at the owner's shop, so I have to make everything at mine and bring the parts with me. I made an extra corner just incase their was a problem with one.

Attached Files:

21. heatnbeat

heatnbeat
    from Madera,Ca.

Here is another picture of the driver side

I think I will start the new running boards next week. I have arthritis and my right wrist is swollen today, and very painful, so it all depends how I'm feeling!

Attached Files: