Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Gene winfield and the dream truck coming to St. Louis

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by merctruck, Jun 18, 2013.

1. We are not allowing EZ up's but there will be plenty of places there to get out of the sun and you can always go inside and soak up some A/C if you get to hot.

2. Home Brew

Home Brew

How ya gonna we'er HAMBers? But it don't matter. Me and the 37 Willys will be there.

3. I would say the best way to know who is coming is for everyone to post a picture of their car so we know what to look for. Another great way is to wear a H.A.M.B. shirt or hat and last but not least if you are a alliance member have your cowl tag on your car. 12 days till the action takes place.

4. StLouisSled

StLouisSled

I'll be there for sure....I've been burning the midnight oil on my 50 Pontiac trying to get it roadworthy...fingers crossed it'll be there.
    Regardless I'll be following my buddy Kurt with The Dream Truck in...either rollin' in The Poncho or on foot!
    Ain't missing this one

Attached Files:

5. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

If you're looking to turn August 17th into a "Hot Rod / Custom Weekend" I will be screening my new film "This is Long Beach" (hosted by Clean Cut Creations (950 Des Peres Ave., Webster Groves, MO) after The Gearhead Invasion.

Show starts at 7:00pm. Please join the even page below and share it with your friends! See you there!

https://www.facebook.com/<wbr>events/152884968247731

[​IMG]

6. StLouisSled

StLouisSled

Just spoke with Kurt...8's not gonna work...we'll be there with the Dream Truck around 10am

7. 5 more days. Who's in?

8. How much does it cost to be part of this gathering?

9. Free to H.A.M.B. members

10. StLouisSled

StLouisSled

How bout for guys rolling thru the gate in The Dream Truck

11. Ha of course the dream truck gets in free. The entry fee to non H.A.M.B. members is only 5 bucks and all the proceeds go to the USO.

12. Home Brew

Home Brew

How are you going to screen the movie? 950 Des Peres Ave. is an empty lot. Are you going to put up a screen?

13. Home Brew

Home Brew

Or at least on map quest satilite it looks like an empty lott.

14. BLUMEANIE

BLUMEANIE
    from St. Louis

I'm in.

I'll be in this...
    [​IMG]

15. 57tony31

57tony31
    from Woods

up to the top

16. What kind of food is going to be available?

17. There will be burgers, brats and wings for sure not to mention ice cold PBR. We at Gearhead Invasion have nothing to do with the movie so I am not sure how they are doing things.

18. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

This will be a fantastic day in St.L. R&C History ! I'll be at the Invasion, will try to make the Clean Cut Creations show !!

If you did not hear GENE WINFIELD, himself, talking about his appearance at the Gearhead Invasion...do yourself a favor: Listen to his story NOW:http://www.legends.thewwbc.net/gpage188.html

"BE THERE, OR, BE SQUARE" !

Jonnie www.legends.thewwbc.net

19. Thanks Jonnie! I have to say it's pretty amazing that Gene thought enough of the show to actually leave Bonneville a day early. It will be a amazing show.

20. Super/Stock Poncho

Super/Stock Poncho
    from Missouri

Just got the OK from the wife that I can attend this event. Jonnie king and myself will be arriving in my Poncho by 10:30am. Looking forward to it.

21. It sounds like you all are going to have a great time. I would sure have liked to see the Dream Truck; however, I'm scheduled elsewhere.
    Post pics after the show ???
    Dave in James Dean, IN

22. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

Somehow I missed this. The movie screening is being hosted by Clean Cut Creations, at their shop. They will be setting up a screen to watch the movie on, out doors, drive in style.

So you can watch from inside your hot rod, or in lawn chair, or however you're most comfortable.

It should make for a really fun time. Hope to see some of you guys there.

23. Home Brew

Home Brew

i just found out what USO of Missouri is. It is a non-profit organization to assist our military personal. I'm a HAMBer but I'm also a vet. I'll pay my way in. Can't think of a better way to spend 5 dollars.

24. Who won the prizes?

25. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

merctruck...

Many thanks to you & the Crew at Gateway Harley-Davidson ! You made everyone feel at home, kept everything running in order, and, everyone I talked to loved the Event ! Great meeting you too...I know how hard you worked on this project !!

Gene truly "WoWed The Crowd" ! The "little demonstration/seminar" he gave turned-out to be about TWO HOURS of non-stop Winfield Info & Teaching Lessons ! If anyone missed that alone, they REALLY missed it !

His Bonneville run in "The Thing" was a bit depressing for him: The Record in that Class is 140mph...Gene hit 139 !

Thanks again...my buddy, Super/Stock Poncho & I had a good cruise in-and-back in his '62 Catalina...and all of the other Cars, Trucks, & Bikes were just really good to see ! And, Kurt, bringing the iconic "Dream Truck" for all to see was the icing on the cake !!

Jonnie www.legends.thewwbc.net

26. StLouisSled

StLouisSled

I agree with Jonnie...
    Thanks again Elrod
    I've been around the Dream Truck many times, it's there every time Kurt hosts a club meeting, but never rode in it until Saturday. I rode up with Kurt and that was truly something special.
    Meeting Gene for the first time was also truly something special...all in all, one of the best days in my life.
    Definitely had St. Louis on the Custom Map that day!