Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB Drags 2013 thanks to all

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kerry, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Jim Marlett

Jim Marlett

Let me throw my in congratulations, too. I was soooo pleased to see that thing run good.

2. Thanks again for the kind words fellas. Don't know what to say but thanks and awe shucks...

Thanks for the video Cactus! Very cool perspective.

We took our daughter back to college this afternoon. Heavy sigh... Anyway, she surprised me. She was at the drags shooting stills with her slr and mentioned she had taken some video. She got the last pass!!!! I told her the reason I ran well was because she was there. :)

Here is that video followed by a couple of gopro videos I took. Note the trans oil on the lense. Puke tank for trans is next.

Second pass

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/F83kSeIfQeU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And the third pass

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YkvZt0t95iU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/eHO7wwNGYSY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. You're welcome buddy! That GoPro vid is awesome!

4. After shredding the first blower belt, another buddy put his GoPro on the front of the frame pointing back so we could watch the next one depart. That didn't happen (whew!!!) but sounds like he caught the hopping at shutdown really well. Unfortunately I didn't have a computer at the track and the files are too big to email. He's sending me a disk so there will be more.

5. Wow. It's cool to watch you work the throttle because you can see the linkage in the top right. Looks like the third pass had more WOT than the others.... you da man.

6. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Kerry, first chance I've had to see the digger in person, You really should be proud, quality build!
    The performance bears that out as well. Bet it takes awhile for the grin to subside.
    Great seeing you again.

7. chicken

chicken
    from Kansas

Ok, that's officially cool as it can be. Well Done!

8. jho

jho
    from Omaha

holy crap best drags yet im so glad you got a full pull I almost cried when you threw the blower belt the first time you lined up. had a blast techin cars with you hope you had a sake trip home

9. Blakmerk

Blakmerk
    from St.Joe MO

Dear Mr. Kerry sir. You are no longer the worlds fastest,,,You are the worlds most baddest asstest. Very proud of ya man. Chicken's right . Best thing we've seen in 10 years.

10. ...........and I missed it! Great video. those spark plug wires are gonna need some support.
    Maybe I'll be able to attend next year.

11. Volunteering to hold em for me Rocky? ;-)

12. Great pass!! Always good seeing you.

13. Great pass!! Always great seeing you.

14. You're 7.52 was a great pass!!!!! Outstanding!!!!!!

15. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Way to go, Man! Happy for ya. We didn't get a chance to visit, but I was checking out your dragster Friday night. Very cool, vintage looking car.

16. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Congrats, Kerry! It was great to see you and I couldn't be more happy for you. Seeing that 165 mph pass was awesome!!

Malcolm

17. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

That was a really great thing to see. Congratulations.

18. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Kerry just wanted to say congrats again on that 8 second pass you deserved it I know it's been a battle but you have succeeded also congrats on the cup as well I didn't know that you were awarded that till today I wasn't able to be there when they give out awards as I was helping a friend from Tulsa get his car running anyhow thanks for letting me help crew on your car the experience is priceless to me oh by the way you better get that thing tuned up cause when I run off and leave you sitting at the lights next year in my digger its better run good to catch me lol

Chrome don't get ya home

19. Kerry Congrats.
    Looked at the video, never seen the rail make a pass without being peddled. Good show my friend. Sorry I had to miss it. Maybe next year.

20. NoSurf

NoSurf

Good job!!!! Congrats.

It was great to see and hear!!!!

21. bigken

bigken

I got goose-bumps on your two final passes. So damn proud of ya, that was a highlight for sure.
    Congrats my friend.

22. raven

raven

It was fun watching it 'just-go-faster-and-faster' on that last pass.
    We all yelled and clapped when the light showed the stats.
    r

23. autobilly

autobilly

Sure hooked-up nicely.

24. Bring it Randy! You don't know all my secrets!!! ;-D

The rest of you, get busy and build a digger. You don't know what you're missing!

25. I would but I have the lakester, the 28 Tudor, the 28 pickup and a 27 roadster lined up!:D:eek:

Can't get dad or Lil bro to want the roadster so it is mine again. Storage location =ownership;)

26. KCMongo

KCMongo
    from KC

Great Job Man, awesome seeing the car and pilot progress!! Everybody was pulling for you and you didn't dissapoint. The cheers were the best. Your a lucky man to have the skills and support of a great family.
    Mongo

27. Butch M

Butch M

28. Wow Kerry great job and the video is iceing on the cake for those of us who can't make it there, Thanx again for posting

29. jimmy1931

jimmy1931

Congrats man, great pass!

30. sodas38

sodas38

Sheesh that was pretty cool, great job Kerry!!