Register now to get rid of these ads!

SoCal Road Trip #2

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Drive'em, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Drive'em

Drive'em

Thanks Ed and Dale. It was really great hangin out with you guys. Till next time.

2. Drive'em

Drive'em

Latest update. After Louisville we went to St. Charles, MO then to Lincoln, NB, went through the Smith museum ( again), then to Denver. This evening we went to Darryl Mayabb's home and studio. Wow what a interesting and super nice guy. Could listen to his stories any time he wants to tell them. Back in the Hotel now. Tomorrow it's off to see Bo Huff's collection. I'll update you in a day or two.

3. sota

sota

John your having one bitchin trip!!!

4. Drive'em

Drive'em

FINALLY... made it to Bonneville today. All I can say is absolutely amazing. I took so many pictures of my car and my fellow road trip participates cars. Haven't been out to the pits, starting line yet, course yet. Got there late and everyone wanted to go see Wendover.
    Tomorrow all day at Bonneville. Pics to come.

5. sota

sota

John glad you made it I'll never forget Chris and my first trip out to the salts words can never really explain just how amazing it really is!!!! ENJOY

6. daddio211

daddio211

7. Drive'em

Drive'em

Left the salt flats yesterday morning and now I'm in Tahoe. Here are a few pics from the salt. Hopefully I can post some more tomorrow.
    Well Bonneville is everything I was told and more, what an incredible place. I met so many cool people and saw so many cool cars. We cruised or should I say parked in Wendover on Friday. That's where I met most folks, it seems once you're on the salt there are to many things to see you really don't get a chance to meet as many people.
    I didn't mention it, but we were on the Street Rodder Road Tour from Louisville to Bonneville and we went to so many neat places and met some really nice folks on the cruise. If you ever get a chance to do a Road Tour with Jerry definitely go for it. Same with Kirk and Brandon with the Goodguys.

#1 My roadster on the salt.
    #2 The cars that cruised with me from Louisville.
    #3 All the cars that were on the road trip to Bonneville.

Attached Files:

8. KIRK!

KIRK!

Shhhh, don't tell anyone.

It was great to cruise with you. Glad it all went well.

9. jerry dixey

jerry dixey

John it was great to have you along on the Speedway Motors Street Rodder Road Tour. Glad you had some fun and enjoyed the stops we made along the way to the salt. Safe travels and hope you can join us again.

10. Drive'em

Drive'em

Ok, guys. I've returned home from my 5 1/2 week road trip across this great country of ours. I must tell you that I have seen some of the most beautiful country I've ever seen, gone to some of the neatest places I've ever been and best of all, met some of the coolest people you'd ever hope to meet. I will forever remember this trip as the high light of my life. I've met up with old and dear friends, met new and interesting friends. My god, I could not ask for a better time. Every day was special. If you haven't taken the time to see our country and meet the people who live here you have missed an opportunity of a lifetime. I suggest to all you Hambers to take the time to do this, believe me, it is well worth your time and money.
    I hope to post my last few pictures soon as I've been so busy enjoying the trip I've been negligent in posting pics. Take care all.

11. buzz4041

buzz4041
    from Texas

Thanks for the updates and taking us along. We try to do 2 weeks each year and a new route each time to do exactly what you describe.

12. Jeff J

Jeff J

Nothing better that driving in a roadster open top !!!

Attached Files:

13. Drive'em

Drive'em

Here are a few pics from the trip headings back west.

Attached Files:

14. Drive'em

Drive'em

More from my road trip.
    #1 The 1935,6 or 7 Miller Indy roadster at Speedy Bill's museum.
    #2 My new friend from Cincinnati, OH super bitchin truck and tribute coupe on the way to Bonneville. Saw him on the salt and in Wendover. Really nice guy.
    #3 Bo Huff's shop in southern Utah. Another cool cat.
    #4 Nearing the salt flats in my little roadster.
    #5 On the salt flats with the cars and people who cruised from Louisville to Bonneville with me. Everyone of my fellow cross country companions were some of the nicest people I've ever met. Won't soon forget them or our trip together.

Attached Files:

15. saucerhead

saucerhead

John, just saw your passenger Ricardo and he said you were more nuts behind the wheel than I am. It hurt to hear this at first but if I have to pass the torch to someone, I'm glad it's you. I thought I had it locked up with Ricardo after the steering wheel came off my F100 at 80mph, and not slowing down while I found the nut and put it back on. Relish the title, it is truly an honor.

16. Drive'em

Drive'em

Thanks Chris, but I don't think anything can top the steering wheel story. I tell my friends out here about that all the time. Great hangin with you.

mrspeedyt likes this.