Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB Drags 2013 thanks to all

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kerry, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Once again I have to say a huge thanks to Ryan, Marcie, and their folks. The HAMB Drags are a GREAT time! Fun with friends, cool cars, and racing. I appreciate all your efforts to make it happen!

This year was a good one for me as I finally got the Dragmaster down the track. A best of 8.85 @ 165.50. I'm going to be grinning for a while. :) The shutdown was plenty exciting too as she started hopping like mad as I got on the brakes.

A huge thank El Jefe for thinking enough of our efforts to give us the Kontinental cup. This means more than you know!!!

And to all of you who have rooted for us and encouraged while I was breaking stuff and throwing belts ...

THANK YOU!!!!

2. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Great to hear Kerry, Glad you stuck to it, Congrates on the run and the cup,,, Keep it up ,,, Tim Jones

3. Congratulations,,HRP

4. crazy wheel

crazy wheel
    from Missouri

That was a good run, glad I got to see it. Congrats!

5. Old Tin and New Tin

Old Tin and New Tin

Congrats Kerry:
    Saw the Dragmaster in the hotel parking lot Friday night and checked out the new puke tank. Car looked cool. Glad you went fast.

6. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

congrats kerry! it was worth all the headaches to get there!

7. AWWWWWWWESOME!

Now we want VIDEO, damn it!

Sam

8. Rusty

Rusty

I saw that pass and didn't even realize that was you, awesome pass, that baby was pulling hard!

9. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Congrats! I saw the run, awesome! Looks like there is a lot more left to!

10. Amen brother! Truly the Worlds Fastest Mennonite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. ryno

ryno

Very stoked for ya buddy. I'm thinking I maybe the bad luck, didn't help ya this time and ya get good results finally. Congrats!

12. 1929CDAN

1929CDAN

Here is the Man of the weekend just moments before his GREAT PASS!!

hamb drags 2013 130.jpg

13. inkstain27

inkstain27

Congrats

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

14. sololobo

sololobo

Congrats Kerry, that is haulin some Hemi! ~sololobo~

15. Thanks for the kind words guys. :) I'm still kinda in shock. Like a couple of you mentioned, there is more left in her. It's greed of a sort. I'm pretty sure I can squeeze a little more mph out of her and even at 165, I should be able to get to the 7's.

I totally forgot to thank Carl and his crew. You guys rock!

And then the guys helping and stuffing me in the WZ-Junk, Wrenchbender, Ryno, KCMongo, and plenty of others. This crazy thing takes a group effort and I could make a pass without you guys.

I want some video too Sam. My dear wife was fighting a spastic video camera and missed both passes. :-( Did anybody get it on video? Pretty please???

Fastest Vagabond Tman but I've got a ways to go to beat John Wiebe's times.

It wasn't you Ryno, Kendra, our daughter was there so everything went right!

16. Tsquared

Tsquared
    from Pratt, Ks.

Good job Kerry. I`m glad I was there to see that pass!!!You`ve been working hard to get that thing from a bunch of tubing to a running rail!! I`m glad for you and your family!!!

Tom

17. Right on Kerry! Very good time and mph. Worth all the effort. Cheers!

18. KERRY!

YOU ROCK! Really glad I was there to see you blast down the track after all the work you have put into making it fly. Can't wait for a video either. After watching you go through all the trials and tribulations, I was so happy that you finally got a great run.

Congrats! (A LOT)

HI BOB!

19. Here you go buddy! Nice seeing you this weekend. Sorry for the vert vid. I had been taking everything for instagrams square format.

20. tjet

tjet
    1. Early Hemi Tech

Damn! sounds good

21. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

A great day at Mokan. Lots of fun. I got to drive a station wagon again, and a four speed too. ( I had the honor of towing Kerry back to the pits with his period perfect station wagon). Thanks for letting me have some fun.

John

22. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

GREAT FOR YOU KERRY!! I was pretty happy my self for you. Was great to see man!!!! Congratulations !!

23. fenderless

fenderless
    from Norway

Congrats Kerry:) Wish I was there to see it:)

Kjell

Taildragger&fenderless

24. monsterflake

monsterflake

i saw a little of it (lots of people standing in front of me), i didn't know what happened on that 1st run, until i saw the broken blower belt in somebody's hand.

i don't know if you are aware of it, because you certainly wouldn't have heard it, but there was quite a round of applause behind the burnout box for your 2nd. congratulations!

25. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I was so stoked for you!

I missed your last run but i for sure have video of the first one, it might not be any good but i havn't watched it but i know it exists haha. I'll post some up in a few days.

The belt throwing burn out had to be the best one all day, that things angry!

congrats man, big time :)

26. Congrats Kerry! It was great meeting you.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

27. Don't know how to post pics from my phone so somebody post a picture of a ruler. Not one of those puny 12 inchers either. Kerry's at least a yard stick.:D

Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
  28. AHotRod

AHotRod

Job well done buddy!

Glenn

29. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Seeing you make a full pass after all your A+ efforts and everything you've put into this project was one of the highlights of the whole weekend for me. Outstanding Kerry !!!
    Well Done. Gary

30. ChassisResearchKid

ChassisResearchKid
    from Michigan

Good goin Kerry, Congrats!!!!!!