Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 58 Chevy Pickup build · Can O' Worms!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chaddilac, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Lunchboxlbc

Lunchboxlbc

So did some work on the truck I quite honestly had forgotten about.

Inner hinge pockets. That little piece under the truck between the fender and step that covers the lower hinge.

Here's a few photos to show what I did.

Nice thing is a saved a few bucks with scrap I had around the shop.

I have a bit more fitting to do, but I think this will work well.

Attached Files:

2. 1959apache

1959apache

Hey that works. That should stiffen up the door quite a bit too.. What else are you fiddling with on this old girl? :D I am stoked to get my interior back in after looking at yours

3. Lunchboxlbc

Lunchboxlbc

Oh, I have gotten the heat shield in the Roof, the speedo is now mounted. I will post a photo of that. I painted it white and did a metallic clear over the top. It matches in the inserts in the seat, but the white looks off from the dash. I am hoping if we stripe it will look more intentional.

Honestly it has been on the back burner a bit. But I sold my 53 so now it has no competition for attention (for now :D)

4. Lunchboxlbc

Lunchboxlbc

Speedo photos

Attached Files:

5. Lunchboxlbc

Lunchboxlbc

putting on the real exhaust. The neighbors will be much happier after today!

6. Lunchboxlbc

Lunchboxlbc

Exhaust is now in. Tired of being upside down.

Attached Files:

7. dubie

dubie

so?? how does it sound?? What did you end up using for mufflers?

8. chaddilac

chaddilac

Dubie... I drove it for the first time a couple weeks ago... it really rides good and sounds great!!! He's running Smithy's mufflers and they really have a great tone!!

9. dubie

dubie

awesome!! I was wondering how things were going on this truck. Did you guys get a start on the door artwork yet?

10. chaddilac

chaddilac

I forgot my paint last weekend so we'll have to figure a time on sept that we can do it!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

11. Lunchboxlbc

Lunchboxlbc

Wow it has been a while since I posted here. Well the ol truck is pretty darn close to being finished. (if chad could remember paint we'd be closer) LOL.

First off, this thing drives like a dream. I wish I had gotten video of this, but when Jen got it out the other day she kept peeling out at each stop light and just smiling and giggling. And it's first trip down the highway, 70mph was a breeze and nothing came flying off :) Last time Chad was down I had him take it around the block. He was cheesing like like a little kid the whole time. It really is just about perfect on the road.

There are a couple of things that are just over my head that I think professionals would be better suited to handle. So Danny and Rusty from Dirty's Speed shop have stepped up to help me out with these. It's good to have such good friends in the right places.

Since this is the wife's truck I always knew Heat/AC were a must. So the Dirty's will be taking care of the install, getting the brackets in place and charging the system. (Chad and I tried and just had to pull it off). Then knowing this is meant to be a work truck that Jen can put things in, we are going to do a step notch and box the frame so it can be loaded down and not bang around out back. (also gives us an option of bags later in life). Finally the side glass will be going back in. So we have a glass guy coming to finish those.

I'll start posting more pictures again as we get these in progress. But once they are finished. The wife is just going to drive and enjoy it for a long while.

Oh and here is the beginning of the notch.

[​IMG]

12. 1959apache

1959apache

sweet, glad to hear she at least got to be able to drive it around. How long is the install going to take for the a/c?

13. Lunchboxlbc

Lunchboxlbc

Total time wise I think it's going to be around 3 or 4 days on the AC.
    When the heat index is 110 we have to get it done though.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  14. 1959apache

1959apache

Yeah I hear ya, that heat sucks in the desert. Looking forward to seeing pics of when that is finished!

15. Lunchboxlbc

Lunchboxlbc

about halfway on the notch!

[​IMG]

16. 1958Warrior

1958Warrior

Looks like your making some real progress , C notch is going to be good and strong , and the AC is a must for the ladies here in Dallas. I'm going to have to steal your Idea of making the inner hinge pockets, just can't see paying $70 for those things.

17. Lunchboxlbc

Lunchboxlbc

Seeing how it has been way long on a update figured I would fill in the gaps.
    The AC and Heat are in. The Knotch is in. I just need to get the wood to build a bed and get Chad to paint the logos on the doors. The truck is just ready to be driven!

Oh and here are some photos I shot of the wife and her pride and joy. She loves this truck. Almost more than me. LOL. Enjoy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Lunchboxlbc

Lunchboxlbc

OH! And if you happen to be in the Fort Worth area. There is a new place opening up on I35 North of town. BoomerJacks, opens this weekend, and this will be on the wall in there.

[​IMG]

My Bride doesn't know yet. LOL. But since she designed the building and interior I figure she should have a signature on it. And since I handle all the art and graphic design... well I get to do things like this.

19. looking good .... =)