Register now to get rid of these ads!

'51 Ford Lives Again!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1950Effie, Aug 17, 2013.

1. 1950Effie

1950Effie
    from no where

Well after the last two months of thrashing away on my recently acquired '51 Custom Tudor she now sees the light of day. Spent the time fixing errors from the previous owner/broker. Did I say he was a HAMB member? oh and misquoted the mileage, the way it ran and the fact that the brakes were all shot!! What the hell....Thought you could trust a fellow HAMB member. Guess I was wrong.
    Wiring harness that was installed all bassackwards, headliner all cobbled in, bench seat not installed into frame correctly, window regulators installed without stops and shitty installation of a myriad of items. The bozo even cut holes in the dash and dash grille to install gauges for Christ sakes. Welded the cut up items back into dash and made patches where the metal was tossed. Found a good set of dash grilles in Cally. So the dash is all back together and all stock gauges now work, and all items on the dash function. Stripped off the half assed painted wheels, Repainted and installed trim rings. Got a set of OEM skirts to install next next. The dude even installed the battery backwards and had it negative ground instead of positive....Please if you cant work on them don't fuck with them!!!
    Any way she now runs like a champ, paint looks great and shines, stops on a dime. Hell, the first indoor car show she wins a class award.
    So, Pearl is now part of our stable.

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

glad that you didn't take the time to go look at it before you bought it? as long as you won a trophy all is good - keep having fun. oh ya, no pics of it to post?

3. 1950Effie

1950Effie
    from no where

I did go look at it. Good solid car, In fact until I got all of the paperwork is when it was clear that he listed the mileage as 65k. If he had looked at last registration it showed 88k.

4. 1950Effie

1950Effie
    from no where

Pic 1

Attached Files:

5. 1950Effie

1950Effie
    from no where

Few more.....

Attached Files:

6. 1950Effie

1950Effie
    from no where

More....

Attached Files:

7. 1950Effie

1950Effie
    from no where

Some mo!

Attached Files:

8. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

very nice,love the 51 ford.well done!

9. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Who's the "bozo"...him or you? You come here talking down his abilities in an attempt to elevate your own, when pretty much everything wrong with the car should've been apparent to you when you went to look it over...except maybe for the supposedly misquoted mileage.

I'm not impressed in the least...except by your lack of discretion.

10. 1950Effie

1950Effie
    from no where

You know what dude. I was just making a point do others would take a closer look at things before pulling the trigger. All most all of the items where hidden in such away that they could not be seen until torn into.

But hey.....It is dicks like you that keep people from posting on the HAMB. Always someone is looking to start shit by hitting on the person posting a thread.
    So why don't you go back to your troll house and get bent!

11. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Seems you started the "hitting". You weren't "just making a point". Instead of simply showing the car and the telling us about the work you did to it, you had to show public disrespect for the previous owner and his abilities, suggest that he's dishonest, and call him names to boot. You want "attaboys" for the work you did to the car? I'm not gonna give it to you when you talk like that.

As for me being a dick or a troll, you're mistaken. Anybody who's been around here much knows that I'm a man of principles, about as respectful of others as anybody, as helpful as I'm capable of being and one of the last ones to make anybody feel like they wouldn't wanna post. But your indiscrete public ridicule of the PO's abilities and putting his honor in question was unjustified and unnecessary. So I'm standing up for him, since he's not here to do that for himself...considering that you're accusing him in our presence without his knowlege...behind his back.

12. 2racer

2racer

It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice.

Stop acting like spoiled brats, grow up already, both of you!

13. thunderplex

thunderplex

Industrial strength X2

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

14. The car is beautiful, I'll give you that, but your attitude is ugly.

15. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

She's a peach. Good looking car.

16. Weeee oooooo weeeee oooo here comes the morality police!

17. I like the car,,but you are off base with your childish name calling,,very uncalled for!

You bought a car and there were a few things that you didn't like,suck it up,change them but don't criticize or chastise other members for making a comment.

No old car you buy is going to be perfect. HRP

18. flathead4d

flathead4d

All the above comments aside. It's an EFFIN nice looking 51. Pun intended.

19. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

These Ford Shoe Boxes were my first love of cars when I was ~12 years old or so...
    And still rank right up there at the top.
    Super example you have, and thanks for sharing...
    I like it a lot!

20. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

Rickybop

Are you any better than the OP,
    Just saying ,
    looks like Both of you stepped over some nagative internet line....

God Bless Guys ,
    hope you both have a Great SUNDAY.....

21. The OP is the one that started this mess,,his other post has been deleted and his crude comment were unwarranted. HRP

22. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Whats funny is the HAMB is absolutely full of people who have received a ride that was badly chopped,had bad body work,had dangerous air bag set up installed,terrible paint work,dangerous frame modifications and the list goes on,each one has stated that the prevous owner was an idiot for doing these things,i have even seen rat rods posted on here that were torn apart by people,even ripping apart the owner for commiting such an act on an automobile.Why are people so pissed at this guy for doing what happens on here on a daily basis.We need more consistency on here.I agree with the original post,if the work was done wrong call him out.That seems to be the precedent set on here for years.Why now have people began the process of being "respectful"?

23. Noting wrong with calling out but when another member post his opinion he get a reply like this. HRP

24. If he had left out the highlighted red stuff, you guys probably wouldn't be pissing in his cereal at all.

25. I don't see the HAMB member who sold the car on here defending his/her reputation. My guess is that they're off somewhere counting their money and not giving a shit either way.

26. ElSupremo

ElSupremo

The ad for the car stated "If someone wanted this to be a restored car it would take very little."
    And that's what the OP had to do: very little. Why complain when the ad stated that, and he looked at the car before he bought it?

27. 2racer

2racer

you left out the important part
    oh and misquoted the mileage, the way it ran and the fact that the brakes were all shot!!

28. ElSupremo

ElSupremo

The important part being that he actually went and looked at the car prior to purchase and still bought it?
    He could have walked away at that point. The whole idea of looking at a car is to look at it. Inspect it. Test it out. If it isn't what it's supposed to be either walk away or adjust your offer. There's no excuse for buyer's remorse if he did that, and less excuse for blaming someone else if he didn't.

29. cobra_4

cobra_4

Very nice! My dad has a 51 in the same color! Only his is a victoria.