Register now to get rid of these ads!

'34 Ford Pickup Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kess, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Koz

Koz

Very nice "A"! A somewhat different look than what we're after. By the weekend I'll have pics up hopefully with the wheels back on that will show the truck better.

As a side note: My Dad was the master of scallops back in the early sixties. You don't see enough anymore. I still love 'em!

2. Koz

Koz

The last 10-12 hrs. The difference between "Oh WOW! and Oh well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

No matter how careful you were there are going to be all kinds of minor stuff to take care of before that first shot of color. It's not the stuff you see. You took care of that back when you were doing the metalwork, it's the stuff you feel. Your hand will tell you things the eye won't catch. Now's when all those little waves become apparent.

If you don't remember refer back to the cab when it came in.....

[​IMG]

This is what makes this job worthwhile!

3. Kess

Kess
    from PA

She's lookin' great Koz! :D

4. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Yep, what your doing now make all the difference...it's looking great!

5. Airwolf

Airwolf

Been there many a time Koz. Guide coats and blocked for hours on end and then you run your hand over it....and something just doesn't "feel" right. For some, it's "good enough", I just always figured I had this much time in it that it may as well be done right.

6. What part of PA are you from?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. Koz

Koz

Eastern Central, about 10 miles West of Pottsville. Are you service or civilian contractor? I assume service. Thanks Bro!

8. Mat Thrasher

Mat Thrasher

Great build guys, I love the color choice. It goes to show you that if you spend the time to engineer and build one of these trucks right. An average sized guy can fit in a chopped and channeled early pickup.

9. Koz

Koz

First round of Gold Pearl Base.....

[​IMG]

Waddaya think?

10. Kess

Kess
    from PA

WOW! frickin cool!

11. Kess

Kess
    from PA

Any pics of the rear of the cab? ;)

12. fleetside66

fleetside66

Looks fantastic guys. White always goes good with gold...have you thought about whitewalls or incorporating white in the interior scheme? It's going to look like a 60's show car...very cool! Either way, I can't see Kess eating a cheese steak in it.

13. Kess

Kess
    from PA

Oh yeah definitely white walls with black wire wheels. The interior lower will be all black and upper half will be white. Also a white steering wheel. It's a driver, probably no cheese steak but lots of burgers! ;)

14. jerseymike

jerseymike

0k guys, with color choice and wide whites you are dangerously close of crossing from hot rod to custom! love the color. can't wait to see it all assebled and sitting out in the sun. great job koz. and kess, i'm sure you can't wait!

15. Koz

Koz

I'm anxious to get the Buick in here as the color combo we have in mind for it is just stunning! This pickup is turning out to be loads of fun! I can't wait to fire it and hear how those pipes sound.

We are looking for another sq. bore Rochester 4V if anybody has one. Anything GM from about '56 on up.

16. I'm really happy for guys when they get this far into a build. All the hard work is paying off. Very coooool!
    Brian

17. Kess

Kess
    from PA

Very patiently waiting! You cannot belive how eager I am to have this finished, but I'd rather have it done right than rushed.
    Koz really went way out of his way and put a lot of extra time and effort than in this project than what was discussed and for that I'll always be grateful!

18. Koz I'm in the guard and I'm demobing now, finally I will be home tomorrow. I'm not to far from you all I'm in the foothills of the Poconos/ almost in the Lehigh Valley. Awesome work the truck looks killer.

19. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

Wow, she's looking great! Awesome work!

20. Koz

Koz

Kess prepped, (actually I think Sam, his wife, did most of it!), and I shot the wheels in black urethane. I like the black a hell of a lot better than the red.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. Koz

Koz

Cab shot and clearcoated. I need to let it kick and then in a day or two hit it with some 1200/2000 and the wheel.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The color is actually much deeper than it appears on my screen. As I don't have a booth and I just shot this in the shop, it will need to be blocked and rubbed but hey, that's how they get nice anyway! Hutton won't lose any sleep but it's damn nice.

Now it's gonna' take all day tomorrow to clean the shop!

22. Kess

Kess
    from PA

Holy crap Koz, that is so strange! Did you notice the orbs of light in the upper left corner of the cab and the mist by the door? I think it might be the spirit of Norm Grabowski watching over you! Freaky!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
  23. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

Looks great. Since the wheels are off the car take them to the local car wash and shot the whites with that pressure wash hose that they have there. 2 mins and that blue will be off. Just did a set that way and won't go back to scrubbing the blue by hand ever.

24. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

Love the color and wheel/tire combination!

25. Koz

Koz

More likely spray mist on my camera lens!

26. Koz

Koz

Good tip! I have one of those little pressure washers that I use to degrease motors and the like. Works about the same way. two minutes and the blue's history.

I'll be around the shop all day if your not doing anything.

Today, I'll try to get as much reassembled as I can after I get this mess cleaned up.

27. Koz

Koz

Starting assembly.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  28. Koz

Koz

Shot the bed with TexCoat this morning. Just getting everything together and final bolted up.
    [​IMG]

With the gate on. I'm threading a .375 stainless bar that will be polished and acorn nutted for the hinge.

[​IMG]

A bit more of the front end together.

[​IMG]

The exhaust getting ready for ceramic coat.

[​IMG]

I'll post more of todays progress this evening.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  29. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Lookin great...real nice job!!!

30. very nice work... great looking truck!