Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1948-1960 Dodge/Fargo/DeSoto Truck only picture thread.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hemiken, Nov 14, 2012.

1. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

2. That orange '57 is awesome, kind of the direction I want to go with mine.

3. skull

skull

WHY:confused:

it looks great the way it is:D

Later :cool:

4. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

Since this thread started in Australia, May I ask if you see any pre-war Mopars like this down there? They were built in the US exclusively for use in SE Asia. I heard a boatload got misdirected to australia where the only survivors exist.
    [​IMG]

58dodgetruck likes this.
  5. Bells Dodge

Bells Dodge

Thanks skull. It is easy to take care of the way it is. Yours looks great too. This is a fantastic group that we are in!

6. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

After looking at the white and orange custom for awhile i think it is a 56. The door handles look like 56's and the grill looks like a 56's upside down, the only thing throwing me off is the 57 one piece hood and the headlights but those are customized so they just might just resemble 57 headlight hoods.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2013
  7. ramrod36

ramrod36
    from Upstate NY

Here are pictures of two of my Dodge pickups. The 52 project is running a 318/904 combination Mechanically it is done except for exhaust. Front clip is from a 79 Malibu and was installed when I got the truck from a friend. Should be on the road this year. The 57 is a recent acquisition. Plans are to change out the wheels & tires, drop it down a bit, rewire it, and finish the interior. It came with a Red Ram hemi with a complete tri-power. Before I bought it, it had been in the same family for 45 years. Box is a later box so it is a bit wider than the original box. I am looking for running boards for it (or patterns if anyone could help out).

Attached Files:

tr_rodder likes this.
  8. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

Sweet Trucks! So cool to see another 57 on here, Best looking truck ever made IMO, :D for running boards you are pretty limited to Ebay and craigslist. they did use those same running boards for several years making them a little easier to find then say any specific 57 stuff. you can piece a new "correct size" bed from Mar-K good company for new parts for these trucks. I have bought several things from them with very good results. P.S. this thread http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=775626&highlight=dodge+truck+running+boards from awhile back might help with some dimension issues for the running boards.

You should post some photos of the Tri-Power RedRam! I would love to see that!

9. Larry,
    Great to see you on here The trucks look Great I am looking for the stock location on the emergency brake handle. I bought a handle off ebay last week now all I need are the cables and I should be able to hookup the emergency brake. I will see you at the cruise in Tommorow morning have a Great Night!! Jim

46carnut likes this.
  10. ramrod36

ramrod36
    from Upstate NY

MoparJoel---Thanks for the tips. I will try to get some pictures of the hemi and tri-power soon. Tri-power is complete but not on the motor yet.

Larry

11. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

I just wanted to give this Thread a Bump and throw a Picture of my truck on here from when I first got it since it was basically a whole different truck small window cab and most of the doors/fenders.
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Apittslife

Apittslife

here is a Dodge that was at Beatersville this weekend

Attached Files:

13. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

I thought I had posted that truck here before, but looking back I guess that was a different forum, that thing is definitely Different I love the Cummins choice, I was seriously thinking of putting a 12 valve Cummins in my 57 when i first got it. but length and weight were two problems I didn't want to deal with, so i went SBM. here is a shot out of a Diesel magazine of that truck I had stored away. I would love to see how it flares out at the front from the cab in person, I wish he would paint it too, not into the ratty look but it does show off the work he did to widen it for a newer full size truck frame.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. I hope no one minds if I bump this thread back up with a current pic of my truck. It's on the road and everything!

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1375506103.617555.jpg

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1375506157.547586.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

15. Nice pics Mike I know the feeling of being back on the road had a deer run into mine and mess up the passenger side door back just got back on the road last night felt Great to be at the cruisin with my truck instead of answering where's your truck questions. Congrats on getting on the road!! Jim

16. 55_Dodge

55_Dodge

Here is a picture of my 1955 Dodge C1. Prior to owning the truck someone else swapped out the engine for a 73' 318. Now I am thinking about putting it on a Dakota frame and updating the engine and transmission.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

17. Very Cool I really like the five windows nice bed a Great Looking Ride!

18. Very nice! I would rethink the Dakota thing though...if the engine swap was well done its easy to put a 360 in place of the 318, not that they are a bad engine at all! There is no reason to swap frames, I would do a dropped axle and disk brakes on the front and drive the shit out of that truck! It's beautiful!

19. skull

skull

not at all.

here is few l really like.

Attached Files:

20. skull

skull

at the show last night was this stock 1 1/2 ton 48 dodge and my not so stock one.

they both have the same size cab, doors, hood & front grille but the 1 1/2 ton has really big wheel well openings.

mine looks small next to this one:eek:

Attached Files:

• sec.jpg
      sec.jpg
      File size:
      83.9 KB
      Views:
    • sec1.jpg
      sec1.jpg
      File size:
      78.4 KB
      Views:
    • sec2.jpg
      sec2.jpg
      File size:
      83.9 KB
      Views:
  21. gtopillado

gtopillado

I have a ways to go, but here's my 54' from 83'/87' and now. Grandpa's truck, will find pictures of it from the 50's when I can.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  22. Apittslife

Apittslife

It is always Kewl to see vehicals that have remained in the family. :)

Hope She will always do so!

23. 55_Dodge

55_Dodge

Has anyone put in the Fatman front end on? Just trying to get a bit better braking than the stock drums in the front. I was thinking of the frame swap due to my frame being a bit bent right behind the cab. I also need to change out the transmission (904 that is matted to the 318) and get a new driveshaft (whoever shortened it didn't weld very well). Thanks for the comments! The bed wood took a long time to spar varnish. 8 coats on both sides.

24. I haven't used a fatman but I did do a front brake conversion to disk that made a huge difference. I used a kit from AAJ Brakes and I have had no problems with the conversion for five years.

25. Bells Dodge

Bells Dodge

I put the torsion bar front end in my truck along with the power steering, power brakes, torqueflite trans, and 8.75 rear end out of a 1973 Plymouth Fury before there were any kits available. If I was doing this work today I would consider a front end kit, if I could afford it. I will say though that my truck rides nice, corners well, and stops great, so it will stay just how it is.
    Let's keep this thread going. Here is a picture of my engine and interior at this point. I love my little 241 hemi too. Mike.

Attached Files:

26. gmellen

gmellen

My 1060 1/2 ton Power Giant before I picked it up in K.C.
    I have since torn it down for a frame off restoration. What a rust bucket! under a LOT of old bondo.
    There is a chrome bar in the lower grill, that has a dart on each end. I have never seen another 60 like it, All the ones I have seen are straight without the darts. Has any one else seen this feature?

George in Powell Ohio

Attached Files:

27. Chopped, channelled, sectioned........

Attached Files:

28. Flat Six Fix

Flat Six Fix

My beast a 1955 Fargo, with 56 dodge parts, 52 box, 56 rear fenders. 251 4 spd , Mopar 8 1/4 3.23 rear end

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  29. Fargo76

Fargo76

Hi All,

I'm new to this site and I love all the information on here and seeing all your beautiful cars & trucks! Here is a couple of photos of my project here in Melbourne, Australia!

If anyone has any info on the best ways to lower my Dodge it would be appreciated. What's the best front end & what sort of bags...suspension etc

Hope to speak with you all soon.

Cheers
    Andrea ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1378515849.717830.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1378515871.531528.jpg

30. Mooseandsqurl53

Mooseandsqurl53
    from N.J.

1954 Dodge 3 Ton Tractor, 413 inline 6 cyl, dual exhaust and carbs.

Attached Files: