Register now to get rid of these ads!

"pay me for it" went to "pay it forward"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 62rebel, Aug 15, 2013.

1. 62rebel

62rebel

yep, I shoulda knowed better. i'm only out the part; the customer paid the shipping. not gonna drag out names and addresses; if he's here, he knows it. we set a price on a part he'd seen a clear picture of, and I agreed that he could adjust the price if he felt the need and contacted me. I suppose that, either it arrived fubarred, or he felt it was worth nothing....

i'd like to have heard about what made him decide that. I kept the piece around because new ones are damn expensive.

rant over; not gonna let this ruin my day. the rain is doing that!

2. Threads like this don't last long. HRP

[​IMG]

3. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Glad you fell better now.

4. Pete

Pete

I agree with him "sorta" calling the offender out.....what the F*%K, its the HAMB...A tight knit community of rodders, when you get burned it sucks!

Pete-

5. pooboy

pooboy
    from SoCal

Clearly your buyer was an asshole.

6. LongT

LongT

Your ant freaked me out. I'm at work in an electronics clean room and wondered where it came from. Well for a couple of seconds anyway!! Thanks for the laugh.

Bill

7. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I guess he "adjusted the price" alright. Gotta say...it's great to be reasonable and friendly, but not a good idea to ever let anything go until it's paid for.

If you feel he took advantage of you, (and it sounds like he did) then take it up with him or report it to Ryan. Does no good to start a thread about it.

Good luck.

8. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hah! Your bug got me too! I didn't realize it wasn't real 'til LongT said something.

Good one, HRP. Lol!

9. Pete

Pete

I disagree,,,,I was burned for a grand and calling im out was a good idea Because it got him banned and stopped him from doing it again.

Dont shun him for letting folks know that the "pay it forward" doesnt always work.

Pete-

10. A friend of mine would go to car shows with his '48 pickup-leave chairs ,tools,parts in the bed; out in the open with no cover all the time. I asked him once if he was afraid something would get stolen?
    His reply-A 'True Hot Rodder would never steal from another Hot Rodder' seems to apply to this situation.

11. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

I say you've got a legitimate bitch... We are a community, and I fortunately have dealt with a lot of great people here. If anyone had a gripe with me, I'd willing give their money back. You never got the money. This isn't a business, this is helping fellow hot rodders out and both should benefit from the transaction!

12. Rick Sis

Rick Sis
    from Tulsa OK

Not real??? I knocked that hole in my monitor for nothing??? Doh!!!

13. Brucekoukalaka

Brucekoukalaka
    BANNED

14. Muttley

Muttley

This thread might as well be in Chinese.

15. Freakin' place needs the Orkin man!!:eek:;)

16. 2racer

2racer

17. At the top of the classified forum where you placed your parts for sale:

@ http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=630481

<!-- message -->Hey fellas, we host a ton of classified ads here on the HAMB. In fact, we average almost 300 new ads a day. And these ads are viewed by millions of people per month.

Of course, we offer this service absolutely free of charge.

That said, we do not police deals made between non-Alliance members. As much as I wish we could do that, we just don't have the time. And at the end of the day, there is not a whole lot we can do with offending members without their verified contact information.

However, we absolutely police deals made between Alliance members and in the 6 years of the program, we've never had a deal go by that wasn't fixed in one way or another.

So, protect yourself:

Buy From Alliance Members!

Sell To Alliance Members!

Become An Alliance Member!

Jim
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

18. Who ships a part without being paid for it first?

I wouldn't even do that for Jesus H. Obama himself.

19. silent rick

silent rick

and you did give him the option to adjust the price and pay whatever he wanted. it was nice of him to pay you shipping. he got a bargain. maybe next time be a little more firm on your price.

20. TR Waters

TR Waters
    from Vermont
    1. Early Hemi Tech

I learned long ago. Friends are friends, but business is business.

21. sorry to hear about your experience, I had a problem once, I sold an intake, the guy saw a million pictures of it, said he could likely get one local, I said ok, do that then, it is ok if he doesn't buy he, he said no I want it...I sent it to him, he had paid for it, then a week later he emailed me saying it had a lot of problems ( I was like not really and you had tons of pics, was described to a T) he wanted to send it back, instead of arguing, paypal etc I said, send it back, minus the shipping, got it back, looks like he tossed it around, was scuffed etc he then stuffed to the brim packing peanuts inside the runners. After taking them out, sold it on here the day after I got it back!!!! to a guy who also inquired when the first sale was pending, he got it and was TOTALLY happy with it. Rule of thumb for me, feel the buyer out, read some of their posts, their history and describe parts, post several pics and if there is any doubt, don't sell to them, I love posting on here about builds, selling parts and really have met some great people, some of whom I have met in the real offline world, I am glad to be on this forum, part of this online community.

22. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Something about this thread bugs me for some reason

23. Some things are not even worth commenting on .... maybe that is the stance the buyer took when he opened the package you sent him.

Just because you were the first to pound on the keyboard does not mean you are right.

..... add one to my post count.

24. That bug is funny. Where the fuck do you guys come up with this shit? haha

25. Weasel

Weasel

Now I'm itching - thanks a bunch HRP....;)

26. 62rebel

62rebel

the piece I sent him was the same one he saw a clear picture of before I packed it up. it wasn't show quality and he knew it beforehand. daily driver at best. I wouldn't have minded so much IF he'd contacted me after getting it.

funny thing is, this isn't going to affect how I deal with hamb'ers. I've gladly given away more expensive stuff than this to people I've met through here, and I still will if there's a true need as has often been the case. I don't even know if the guy contacted me from my ad here or one of the other sites I have ads on.

somebody whack that damn ant.