Register now to get rid of these ads!

1937 Dodge 3 speed transmission

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by inlineNmine, Aug 14, 2013.

1. inlineNmine

inlineNmine

I am looking to buy a 3 speed floor shift transmission for my 1937 dodge sedan. It will bolt behind my original 218 flat 6. I am only interested in the floor shift transmission, and am not interested in the later column shift models. Thanks for any help in locating one. I would also be interested to know if there are any other bell-housings I could use that would allow me to use other floor shift transmissions that dodge used before or after this model year. Thanks

2. I'm sure you'll find an answer by going to the Plymouth / Dodge forum and ask there; wwwp15-d24.com.

3. 73RR

73RR

Tell us why the need for the ancient 3-speed trans. If the top/floor shift feature is the ultimate concern then you do have options but it may not be Mopar.

4. PackardV8

PackardV8

I think I've got an old top shift Mopar box. It appears to have had a parking brake drum on the rear, but the brake handle, band and linkage is missing. How would we confirm it would work for your application?

jack vines

5. Post a pic. I have the original 3 speed with floor shifter in my '39 Ply (see my avatar). The trans he's looking for should be just like mine. And yes, the parking brake is mounted on the back of the trans.

6. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

DeSoto & Chrysler offered floor shift overdrive 3 speeds until 1938 - '38 Imperial was supposed to be strong enough for any V8 you could hook to it.

7. inlineNmine

inlineNmine

I will upload some pictures of what my original trans looks like. I want the original just to keep it stock and for ease of installation and getting it back on the road. I will try to pull some parts numbers as well.Thanks for all the help.

8. 73RR

73RR

9. 70kid

70kid
    from Denver