Register now to get rid of these ads!

1958 edsel ranger 2 door

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bowhunt, Aug 13, 2013.

1. bowhunt

bowhunt

Hey, i just picked up a 58' edsel ranger 2 door over the week end for the wife..any one have any idea what is the biggest (or a nice fitting) rim and tire package that can be put on a 58 ranger??? right now the rear is lowered about 4 inches to level up the car and the prev. owner has 15" rims on it the bolt pattern is a 5x5.5 wife wants wider in the rear than front (muscle car look) yeah-yeah .... i know it's still an edsel :D

2. barstowpo

barstowpo

I always thought a muscle car theme would look cool. Slotted mags or salt flat or maybe even 15x8 steelies like a stock car. I like the rears up a little. I have 15x8 steel wheels on my 64 Marauder and 15x8.5 and 14x7 on my 63.

3. 58edselretractable

58edselretractable

bolt pattern on Edsel in 58 other than wagons is 5 on 5"...not 5.5"

4. 1954Bill

1954Bill
    from Long Beach

Where the photos?

5. bowhunt

bowhunt

are you sure??? the rims on it now are from a chevy suburban that is a 5x5.5 bolt pattern

6. bowhunt

bowhunt

try and post picks tonight

7. 1972-up Chevy truck/van 5-lug is a 5x5" pattern. Not 5 1/2". I'm on about my 6th one, and all but one have been 5-lug. Before that they're 6-lug.

In fact I'm not sure any GM was 5 on 5 1/2" unless you go back to some oddball '30s or older car.

8. Let's see some pics. GM truck had 5 on 5 bolt pattern so they could be aftermarket wheels.

9. bowhunt

bowhunt

ok everyone, after some measuring i must agree the hubs are 5x5 not 5x5.5 as i was told, but you would have to see all the stuff i got with this car..i have 2 uniforms one for an edsel service writer and one for an edsel mechanic..i got documents dated 1957 on how to run your edsel dealership papers hand signed by what is supposed to be the head of the edsel division at ford(the man i bought the car from suppossedly bought all this stuff from the late head of edsel's son) front and rear bumpers are still wrapped from rechroming have all levels of the hubcap from base to spinners with the inner plates for painting to match body color...and a 58 t-bird interior (buckets) he was gonna put in it..car runs and drives and more spare parts than you could imagine...bxes and boxes

10. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

"but you would have to see all the stuff" - we would love to be able to see all of the stuff

11. bowhunt

bowhunt

really having a hard time trying to load pics on this page but i got 3 to load on my personal file page..the prev. owner was starting to redo/rod it when unfortunitly he had a stroke..so i bought it with the promise to get it back on the road and send him pics..wich i will

12. bowhunt

bowhunt

edsel 1.jpg

edsel2.jpg

edsel3.jpg finally got 3 to load

13. peter schmidt

peter schmidt
    from maryland

i think i saw that car on craigslist a wile back i wish it was in my garage looks like a nice car

14. bowhunt

bowhunt

yes !!!!!...we bought it off of baltimore craigs list..went to look and saw all he had to go with it and bought it

15. peter schmidt

peter schmidt
    from maryland

yea thats the one i wanted it so bad but i had just bought my house right before it went up for sale looks like a great car id kill for that mechanics uniform. i always wanted a 58 on astro supremes

16. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

Hey I like it and will be watching!

17. philo426

philo426

I guess my green approximates the factory color.Very cool! [​IMG]

18. 61unib100

61unib100
    from Alpine, Ca

I have a 58 Pacer 2-door and I am pretty sure the lug pattern is 5 x 4.5"

19. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

20. The Pacer and Ranger were built on Ford platforms, the Corsair and Citation were on Merc platforms. Mercury had the larger bolt pattern....

21. bowhunt

bowhunt

just got done rebuilding the holley carb last night(wife did it, her first) gonna put it on tonight and see how it runs .... fingers are crossed !!!!

22. canarydeuce

canarydeuce
    from Indy

I think I got the color right! I bought this model in 1958, and promptly took an xacto knife to the door handles and rood rib. Otherwise it might be worth something !!

Attached Files: