Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Traditional T-Bucket butts...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by need louvers ?, Aug 13, 2013.

1. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I've actually thought of extending my bed a touch, maybe about 4" or so, so it's even with the back edge of the rear tires.

2. alchemy

alchemy

Doesn't get more traditional than Vega lights. But that would be 1976 tradition.

3. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Da Peach,
    I'm actually kinda diggin' on the whaling lanterns you have there! I have a similar deal where my axle is just a touch wider than I would like it to be, and I did think about the lanterns to fill the space much like you did. Funny, I preach about keeping stuff era specific, and I always think of those as early seventies stuff, yet look at Tommy Ivo's car! Look at the original Big "T" kit, or Bud Lakeman's car, or any of several others running around in the pre '64 era.
    I know your not looking for a suggestion on wheels and tires, but if I may, that car would look killer on a set of Chrome reverse OEM type wheels, 5" in the front, and 7" in the back, and a set of cheaters and Goodrich 5.00X15s up front. If ya gotta do white walls, make 'em narrow!

4. heatnbeat

heatnbeat
    from Madera,Ca.

Here is my son's
    image.jpg

5. Sorry, it's a fairly crappy old scanned picture, but this is the butt on mine...

[​IMG]

Bear:)

6. top*hat

top*hat
    from Mesa, AZ

Mine has a Spirit turtle deck. It's a work in progress.

Attached Files:

7. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Coilovers are trad, not as trad as your father's moustache, but definately within the era you want.

8. c/h

c/h
    from iowa

one of my old builds

Attached Files:

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Unless you have a rear end center section that you want to show off I'd mount the plate up under the center of the bed like on Skip's T. My personal preference runs to A or 32 Taillights mounted under the bed or on the bottom corners of the bed if they will clear the tires there.
    The tonneau covers on most of the older T's with pickup beds were done up to match the interior or the top material.

I think I'd drive it with the coil overs and then decide but coil over shocks on T's have been around for at least 40 years that I know of and probably a lot longer than that. You look at 50 different T buckets from the 60's and you are going to see 40 different ways to set up the rear suspension.

10. DaPeach

DaPeach
    from NE OH

haha! awesome! shit...

this does give me a bit of relief in being considered "traditional" tho

I'm planning 5" front, 7" rear -black steel w/ chrome moons...blackwall bias firestones for sure, the cheaper the better.

My dad built this when I was a baby & sold it just weeks after he got it titled, over 40 years ago...after multiple failed attempts, he was finally able to buy it back two years ago & it's now mine. I got it on the road a month or so ago, after fixing a couple things. The last owner had it apart & clearly "threw" it back together for the sale...I see I still have some work to do, heh

I'm learning, I'm learning! Thanks

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  11. bobw

bobw

[​IMG]
    A couple things I don't like about mine: The 8" Ford rear end is pinion centered so the housing is offset and doesn't sit in the middle of the Model A crossmember. The Model A tail lights should be moved out farther.

12. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Chip

I wouldn't worry about the coilovers. For what your going for '60s they are fine. I just took my roadster for a ride yesterday and the rear suspension just doesn't move with just me in the car. With a couple of hundred more pounds (another person) it is better. Keep the coilovers for comfort if nothing else. If your were going for an earlier look with WWW I'd say for sure go for the A or T rear spring.

I really think LongT has a great look if you don't mind covering the Ford logo.

Gary

13. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

What a great story!

14. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

Here's my butt.

Attached Files:

15. Kool looking T's working on mine slowly but it will be done soon.

Frenchy

Attached Files:

16. dkendall

dkendall
    Member Emeritus

Without the bed is cleaner but does create a gas tank problem .

56' Olds rear end and 64' Buick Riviera taillights on my old bucket.

Attached Files:

17. alchemy

alchemy

What year was this car built?

18. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

I sold this one in 2008 - still miss it - there's a pix of it on here from the NSRA Nationals a couple weeks ago - sitting in the convention center.
    Glad to see more buckets with WWW tires - I think mine is the only one in the midwest - LOL

Attached Files:

19. Six-Shooter

Six-Shooter
    from Ohio

She asked, "Honey, does this dress make my ass look big?" Correct answer: "No, you look great."

Attached Files:

20. I don't know if its any help but hell who doesn't like more pics:D

[​IMG][/URL]

21. 23buckethead

23buckethead
    from Kokomo,in

My old bucket ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1376549443.054682.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1376549459.700787.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1376549488.970725.jpg

Road Kings

22. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

23. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Far out man, I'd like to see pics of that cross ram you have (at least from that angle it looks like a cross ram). That car is 70's creamy goodness.

24. Two farmers standing at a fence, looking at a donkey wearing Levi's. "do you think those jeans make my ass look fat?" Sorry, was on a hallmark card I got. Still makes me laugh.
    Anyway, I like the tank, no bed look-lakes modified style. All the T's here look great.
    RB

25. 46Ford

46Ford

Here's my nerf bar setup. I originally was just going to mount the taillights in the bed, but thought it just didn't look right (to my eye anyhow). License plate hides a receiver hitch.

[​IMG]

26. 48bill

48bill

Here is mine still a work in progress. Not sure of taillight of license plate placement.

Attached Files:

27. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

Mine, buried up underneath. Its too bad we cant run a motorcycle sized tag...
    [​IMG]

28. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

29. dkendall

dkendall
    Member Emeritus

I built this car in 1965.

Attached Files: