Register now to get rid of these ads!

Muscle car for '55 Buick

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by holt1, Aug 13, 2013.

1. holt1

holt1

So, it looks like i'm trading my 68 Ford Galaxy fastback for two '55 Buick's this weekend. One two door and one four door. The Galaxy has a 302 in it that was rebuilt with a nasty cam, headers, Ford aluminum intake, custom exhaust, had a new edelbrock carb put on, the brakes gone through and the tranny gone through. The Buick's come with a 322 rebuilt nailhead and one is a two door and one a four door. Straight body's and good interior in the four door.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  2. 2racer

2racer

2 door has nice lines, 4 door not so much... you could do this

55buick.jpg

3. dan31

dan31

do the trade,i love those mid 50s buicks,and the prices are really starting to climb on those

4. BRAINS!

BRAINS!

Do it, I love the 2dr, looks like it wont take a whole lot to have it on the rooad

5. holt1

holt1

yeah, I think i'm going to put the 322 in the two door with the seats out of the four door. they have perfect vinyl and don't match the rest of the car. Plus I have 7 yards of white vinyl saved from an old project that I could finish it out with!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. holt1

holt1

I saw that pic and totally thought about it!

7. holt1

holt1

I have some cash wrapped up in the galaxy though and It's probably worth more than these two cars but my heart lies with the 50's and older stuff. And I originally got the galaxy to flip anyway. Hard to feel like I'm parting with cash and then there's the '58 Poncho to consider too, and a matching numbers 69 Cougar I have to get rid of! I'm starting to make my girlfriend nervous. lol.

8. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Negotiate the deal so you're not upside down on it from the get go.

So where's the '55 Buick?

9. holt1

holt1

It's already a done deal and we are making the swap this weekend. I figure I'm cool with it since I love 50's iron better. Seems like your sniffing out my deal. ;)

10. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

You can do that if you want but dont forget you wont have the split in the front seat back on the 4 door seat for easy access to the back seat in the 2 door.

11. holt1

holt1

Oh yeah! Wasn't thinking about that. Maybe i'll take that 7 yards and start with the seats! :rolleyes:

12. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

That interior would look great also if you paint the roof red and bottom of car white.
    Love those cars.

13. bgaro

bgaro

cool, you'll have a nice two door and a parts car. it's all there,just add a little labor and your where you wanna be.

14. holt1

holt1

I agree! It's all black outside right now. Doesn't make sense the seats are red and white. supposedly it's the original interior. Doesn't match the door panels though.

15. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

:confused:

16. handmedown40limited

handmedown40limited
    from tracy ca

man wish you were closer. I would take the left over 4 door in a heart beat once you swapped parts. I don't mind a 4 door with the family.
    good luck. I have a thing for buicks. Good luck on the build

17. holt1

holt1

Yeah, tell me about it! :rolleyes:

18. holt1

holt1

So... I called the guy and he said he got a call this morning about it. He's taking the ad down. We already exchanged paperwork and set up a time for Saturday. As naive as I am and trusting I never thought anyone on this forum would be willing to let their character come under scrutiny. I would never do that to a poster. My integrity and word means more than that and there's always a car deal around the corner. An ass for every seat so to speak. Sucks that someone would do that. I shoulda waited until the iron was here at the shop! But I was excited. I'm not pulling anything out of the 4dr I don't think. Here's the deal. It's SOLD TO ME. I run across tons of great cars. I mean tons. Hell I know of a 42 dodge 3 window coupe with the original motor that runs. And a good price. I'm willing to pass deals along but not if people here operate like that to a new guy. I'm better off not being here.

19. chubbie

chubbie

Yep, your naive. A 68 galaxy aint no muscle car

20. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

I'm confused. You traded paper work and he sold the Buicks to someone else ?

21. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

One of the most confusing posts I've read here.......both the cars pictured at 1955 Buick Specials. What's with the reference to 1958 Buicks? Were the titles for 1958 Buicks? Did you check each car's VIN against the paperwork? Did the Seller sell them to somebody else?

WTF, I gotta go get an aspirin or two..............

22. holt1

holt1

No, I have a 58 poncho. Both buick's are 55's.

23. holt1

holt1

No, he got a call early, early this morning from someone after I posted. They did a search and found his ad. He assured me since paperwork traded hands he wouldn't sell them out from under me. I passed on a pretty good cash offer on my galaxy Sunday to do this deal.

24. holt1

holt1

Sorry, I edited the first post. It was early o'clock and I had my '58 poncho on the brain. He got a call about 6:30-7:00 am after I posted here. He took his ad down for selling the cars on another site. We exchanged paper and are exchanging cars on Saturday.

25. holt1

holt1

Thank you for setting me straight. I feel so much better now and better informed. :D:p

Muscle car enough for me.

[​IMG]

26. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

OK, my headache is gone :D .........thanks for the clarification and good luck with the cars. "55 Specials are one of my favorites.

27. birdman42

birdman42

Do these cars have at least one good trans? I am building my Dynaflow for my 55 and it is not for the faint hearted. There are not many guys left who can do one of them.Good luck with them.

28. belair

belair

And the bottom of the 4 door back seat is different than the bottom of the 2 door back seat.

29. holt1

holt1

Me too! I had a '56 for awhile and always wanted a '55. Pretty excited to get it!:p

30. Dan Timberlake

Dan Timberlake