Register now to get rid of these ads!

"A" Drag Coupe?........pic

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, May 31, 2008.

1. solid

solid

That thing is like a 3 in 1 model... I like every way i have seen it on here, but i love it with the slots...

2. porkshop

porkshop
    from Clovis Ca

Thats mighty nice of You Muttly, To be thinking of Me!!!! :D

3. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

4. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

[​IMG]

5. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

6. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

[​IMG]

7. Best opinion I can give you on color is whatever color floats your boat.

I don't recall seeing a lot of cars at the track running lakster style headers. But there were way more "drag coupes" running around town and in high school parking lots than ever saw the track.

8. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Looks really good Skip!

I like the front on view, but maybe an inch out of the grille would be nice?? Not Milner style, just a little lower than the cowl. And I still like the other scoops on the carbs better... :)

9. 41 Dave

41 Dave

RoyalShifter, Either way your "A" Coupe looks bad to the bone ! I like the competion look myself.

41 Dave

10. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

Uh Huh, I like it.

11. excellent. pick out a badass color for that bitch! it deserves it

T.H.

12. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Thanks porknbeaner the only reason on the lakes pipes is it will also run through the frame into mufflers I am trying for street and strip look.

13. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I like the white with colors like this little jewel.

[​IMG]

14. AHotRod

AHotRod

So.........what did you guys decide on colors ?

15. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

The car was sold.

16. LSGUN

LSGUN
    from TX

I was thinking about this car tonight, so what the hell, bump.

17. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

These are the kinda threads that I wish would see the light of day again. There are so many threads out there from the past that have some killer rides that I would love to see but people ask about S10 frames or other crap and push the good stuff into the past.

Threads on cars like the ones owned by Jimmy White or the Green Grenade or the Roach Rod.. The History of the HAMB, so to speak. Genesis of the HAMB or something. Been diving into some of the veteran HAMBers profiles to dig up the old stuff.

Thanks for bumping this back up, Jake.

18. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

LOcal Ozzie coupe, rebuilt after a big accident.

Attached Files:

19. Brahm

Brahm

I just wanted to take a second to bump this thread and to thank Skip for all the amazing work he did on this car. It's passed threw a couple hands but found it's way into my lap yesterday. Although I wasn't aware at the time this thread existed (or I hadn't seen it many years), or that the work was done by a fellow HAMB member let alone Skip, the work that he did is really what drew me into it. I've been bouncing around between cars for years searching for the right project always wanting to get my hands on 5 window coupe with a goal to build something that sort of blurred the line between drag/traditional. I've proboly been chasing this dream for over 16 years now, and when I saw this online about a month ago I tried really hard to walk away and do the "responsible" thing, but it just grabbed me..something about it made me keep going back to the adverts and trying to figure out how to justify another project. When I finally broke down and headed out to Fresno to pick her up I was just blown away.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So the only thing left to do agree on a price, shake hands, sign some papers, share some beers and load her up! (I really need my own trailer)

[​IMG]

and here she is today after a quick trip across the 120 via Yosemite valley. Hopefully next time she crosses that amazing route it will be under her own power.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What are my plans for this car? Well my goal is to really try my best to do justice to the work that has already been done to it. I wouldn't dare change the stance or the overall look but I do plan on finishing her to the best of my ability. Once I get all my ducks in a row I'm going to start a thread, but I just wanted once again thank Skip for the work he has done and thank Sawyers for working with me and giving me the opportunity to own this car.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  20. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I am glad that this car came out of hiding...good luck and if I can help please ask. Skip.

21. noboD

noboD

The only thing I see it needs is my ass in the driver's seat.

22. Still looks bitching !

23. Rochie

Rochie

This Model A is a survivor!!! Harv built this in 1962/63 for the spring of '63. The injected flat head is his doing and the engine is a full rollerized flathead that came out of a modified stock car in 1962. The engine has never been opened up. Harv raced it untill last year, he says he doesn't want to hurt the motor and is looking for someone that can handle a rebuild for him. He believes it was built in Detroit.
    Oh by the way the car is in the ELTA garage for our party last Sat.

Attached Files:

24. Brahm

Brahm

Thanks Skip & swade41!

noboD - There is still a ton of work that needs to be done. I'm calling it a weld by numbers project most everything is mocked up and in place but many things need to be finish welded some things are just tacked in but the big stuff like steering/chasis are mostly done. Some bracing and frame components I believe needs the underside welded. It still needs a fair bit of sheet metal work (firewall, floors, tunnel, trunk), body work in the typical places, complete drive train installed (the motor mounts are in but the motors back half is being held up by straps and there is a cross member for a th350 but I need to adapt it to the 4speed and figure out how setup all the clutching stuff (new for me I've always gone auto in my builds), wiring, plumbing, the headers are just mocked up and tacked but not cut, and so on.

I'm still trying to figure out paint but I guess I have plenty of time for that and there are a lot of awesome suggestions on this thread. I've always had it in my head to paint this mythical car of mine (never thinking I'd actually ever get one) a very deep semi-gloss blue with a contrasting firewall. Something so dark that it appears black with a slight blue tinge at nite. However now I'm torn. I much prefer the contrast on the patina side with a dark frame and light body vs the matching frame and body on the flat black side.

25. powrshftr

powrshftr

Any updates....?

Posted using two Dixie cups and a medium length piece of string.

26. R W Ohio

R W Ohio
    from Ohio

27. a30gasser

a30gasser
    from socal

Heres a recent pic of my A drag coupe. Originally built and raced by my dad in the 60's. recently back together and raced by me now.

Attached Files: