Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1931 Model A 5 window coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldsjoe, Jul 20, 2013.

1. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

So I get the motor scooter out today and visit an old friend I haven't seen in awhile. He's busting butt on an OT side job tryin to make this months garage rent to keep his projects moving. We talk the usual weather, family, friends. When his customer says well lets see that Model A before I leave! I say Model A what the hell when did you get a Model A? Long story it's UNWANTED payment for a very old cash loan. Well here's what you guys want to know about it's a 31 Model A five window coupe complete, motor banger of course turns by hand Floors gone body pretty solid can't see much of the wood frame but what I seen so far looks decent. The car has been in a barn since 1963 (does that count as a barn find?) Anyway he has NO INTEREST in the car I do but can't afford that big of a project. So I'm hoping to get there tomorrow and take some pictures and post them on the Hamb to see if there is any interest in it. Or if no one is interested he said he will post it on craigslist he needs to turn it into cash as soon as he can. STAY TUNED.

2. silversink

silversink

whats the price?

3. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Haven't got a solid price from him yet hope to get it tomorrow when I can get some pictures. I'm guessing and this is a total guess he hasn't mentioned price to me $5500.00 to $6000.00

4. upspirate

upspirate

What village is it in?

5. I dont want it if its from the village people.

6. manyolcars

manyolcars

why do y'all always call a Model A coupe a 5 window? all the model A coupes have 5 windows(except the sports coupe and NOBODY calls it a 3 window)

7. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

shall we say a h.a.m.b.let? (hamlet)

8. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

I call it a 5 window because that's how it was described to me car is located in Ohio now I believe it came from Main.

9. eicke

eicke

That's Maine! ;)

10. manyolcars

manyolcars

maybe he means Main Street

11. seabeecmc

seabeecmc
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I really like refering to the Model A Sport Coupe as a 3 window when they are. I like refering to a model A 5 window Sport coupe as such when they are. Ron

Attached Files:

12. Where in Ohio?

Dustin

13. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Yes Maine!

14. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Haha lets see the pics. It will want to be sweet for that sort of coin if its rusty.

15. blyndgesser

blyndgesser
    from Georgia

16. rgfloor

rgfloor
    from oh

Where's the pics? :mad: