Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ardmore Car Show Ardmore Tennessee

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rucker, Jul 29, 2013.

1. rucker

rucker

Saturday August 10, 2013
    10 a.m. till 3 p.m.
    John Barnes Park
    30515 Ardmore Ridge Road
    Ardmore, TN 38449

Awards for best of class and top 5 per class.

Grand door prize 2004 Chrysler Crossfire
    Cash door prize
    $1500.00
    $1000.00
    $500.00
    and a Snap-on tool box
    with plenty of other door prizes

Contact Rodney Willoughby 205-908-2677
    or Sandy Hardiman 256-656-3413

www.ardmorecarshow.com

2. Gator

Gator

Always a great show...

3. k9racer

k9racer

Small town with 1 full time working red light. Last year over 1400 cars .. Yes one thousand four hundred cars. Good show a alright swap meet and a fair amount of shade. Just a few miles off interstate 65 on the Alabama / Tennessee state line.

4. rucker

rucker

Gator are any of ya'll coming?

5. rucker

rucker

And the count down begins!!!

6. Tacson

Tacson

Gator
    I might ride down. I cant leave until 8 or so. I dont get off until 6:30 Sat morn. I have always wanted to make this show. Plus Rodney is a fellow F100 friend.

7. rucker

rucker

Lets hope for a good turnout!

8. I am already registered and will be there.

9. rucker

rucker

Rain or Shine! Hope to see ya'll there.

10. k9racer

k9racer

I was at the show area this afternoon. Over 50 cars already in the show area. Several swap vendors set up. Looks like another good one..

11. 31 5w

31 5w

I drove up from FL. 3 yrs. ago to see this, what a great show. Grew up in Athens Al. and timed a visit so we could do the show also.

12. I was there today. very hot but great show. Think I heard someone say there were over 1300 cars.

13. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

GREAT TURN OUT with a threat of rain all day long. but nary a drop. but it was humid!!!

14. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Donald, might want to pick your friends a little more carefully:D

15. Tacson

Tacson

Humid isnt the word for it. I saw more folks "fanning" themselves with flyers. If you didnt sweat yesterday man something might be wrong.

Bruce SOMEONE has to be befriend Rodney. He did a great job along with the team of putting on the show. It was my first time. I got out of there about 2 heading back towards Nashville. Good time was had.

16. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

LOL. SORRY I MISSED YOU. didn't know till about 6.a.m that I was going. But yeah they do a pretty dang good job. But they better find a bigger place...........soon

17. k9racer

k9racer

I had a great time in the swap meet. I sold a lot of parts. I was told that particpents came from 9 or more states. As BA said more room will be needed in the future. The quarter back club from the High school puts this on. It priced cheap only 20 dollars. the gave away a car lots of cash and many door prizes.. The QB club already had a banner up with the date for 2014... I am looking forward to next year...

18. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

No pics?? Sounds like a good show. Come on, post 'em up.

19. LastChance

LastChance

Gentlemen,

Thank you all so much for getting this all out here for me. We did have a great turnout and we were fighting all the rain we had all week leading up to the day of the show. We hauled in over 60 tons of gravel / asphalt and put down over 350 bails of hay.

We were still a little wet early that morning but it dried up a bit but a another great turn out for the show.

It is not just the community that helps out but many of the local car clubs and even some event organizers pitch in to make this show special. We are truly blessed to have so many hot rodders in the Tennesse Valley that really enjoy each other and support so many events.

We are mostly trashy but we damn sure have fun doing it!!!

Again thanks to the guys that got this thing out on the HAMB for us and also to the HAMB for having such a great place to share our hobby together.

Remember get it out and drive it hard!!!

20. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Gentlemen.......I like that.....................

21. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

improper of "Gentlemen" to go to an event and not share pics.

22. CustomAutoRegistry

CustomAutoRegistry
    from TN

Ardmore was great. For those wanting to see pics her e is a link to my small photo album with only 616 pics. http://customautoregistry.com/photo/album/15/ardmore-2013/

Not all are that great as I am not a professional photographer but some turned out really good.

I really wish this event lasted the full weekend. It would be a great boost for the local economy and would give me a chance to not only take a wad of pics but also actually take a little time to speak to the participants.

Anyone who did not get a chance to go or let the little bit of spit from the sky deter them I would encourage them to rethink doing so for 2014.

23. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

Thanks for the great pics CustomAuto. I was beginning to think nobody that way owns a camera. Nice job.

24. I see someone got a photo of your former coupe, Mike. Beautiful car. Looks like 1960 all over again.

25. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

I don't know how to use a camera..........:D

26. CustomAutoRegistry

CustomAutoRegistry
    from TN

No problem. When I saw your post it forced me to get the album up. Just wait to the frog follies in IN next weekend. That show is claiming to have over 4,000 pre 49's. Not sure why they won't open it up to at least mid 70's. Maybe they are scared of having too many entries. Now that will be a nice size photo album.

27. Because real hot rods are cars that had separate fenders...;)

28. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

Thanks Don. Glad to see the current owner out enjoying it.

29. Great pictures CustomAuto. I see you got a few pictures of my '34 Ford coupe up near the ball field. Looks like it was when the awards and drawings were being done. I buttoned everything up before we went down there.

30. CustomAutoRegistry

CustomAutoRegistry
    from TN

Sweet ride thanks for bringing and sharing. Really liked the closeup of the hood ornament.

If you click on the picture to the right is a link that says View All Sizes. The picture is actually 4000X3000 pixels, which is large enough for a billboard. Feel free to download and print it. My pics are free to whoever wants them. I also have the originals and can provide them without the watermark but only do that for the owners.

It was my first time in Ardmore and I was surprised how early they wrapped things up. I had to practically run to get the few hundred pics I did take. Hopefully I will do better at the Frog Follies next weekend. I hope to see you there. I really wish Ardmore would go all weekend. It would be a bigger boost to the local economy and also allow for more time to talk to participants.

What would be really nice is if shows required a pic and brief details beforehand with registration and then made a small brochure they could then sell so people would know better what they were looking at. Also would be a nice little fundraiser and memento.

Today I just published our first mag on ISSUU.com, where I covered Ardmore and some other local cruise-ins along with the Frist Sensuous Steel Art Deco Automobiles exhibit. Super Sweet. You can check it out here. http://issuu.com/custo_auto_registry/docs/custom_auto_registry_issuu