Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fauxtina paint job on a 63 Tbird

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ace'sSpeedshop, Aug 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

I "get it" but one thing. I fail to see the rust on these vintage pictures. I think it would be neater as a day one racecar. Fake rust, come on.

2. powrshftr

powrshftr

You fail to see the rust in the vintage pictures.
    Wow.I don't even know where to start with this one...Lmfao!!!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. Holy shit.....somedays I'm not proud to be a minitrucker

4. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

The chances of me ever finding a barn find car like this 3w are slim to none...I would love to have a new Brookville 3w painted like this...

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  5. 59Apachegail

59Apachegail
    from New York

Nice work on the paint! You must be really talented to make that rust look so real. I personally like the rough weathered look.

6. CheatersPete

CheatersPete

I like it! good job!

7. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

I never understood the paradox of restoring something to make it look old and beat up.

Move to NJ, we have plenty of the real stuff to go around.

8. I would never spend $ on any kind of fake patina, but I do admire your painting skills.

9. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

If this catches on they'll have fake rust decals like those bullet hole decals. Come to think of it, that might actually be fun to stick on your buddy's fender when he's not looking. "Hey look Fred, rust coming through your new paint job." "@#(*&^!!!!!"

10. See her smiling.... Enough said!

11. klazurfer

klazurfer

No Wonder why she`s smiling :) .. That car looks Waay Cool !!! You sure did an excellent job :)

Klaz

12. Abomb

Abomb

Nice artistic skills...I understand that some people don't care for it, but jeez, why the anger ?? It's not like he snuck into YOUR garage and did this to YOUR car...He did what a friend wanted, He did a fantastic job, the friend looks happy, and if you hate it, STFU and view another thread about a urethane base / clear job on another "traditional" hot rod....

13. powrshftr

powrshftr

Lmao!Well said Brother...:D

14. Gonein60

Gonein60

I love it! Wanna do mine? ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1376318766.144331.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1376318709.531783.jpg

15. chopped

chopped

How do we know that's not a guy painted to look like a chick. A faux chick as it were.

16. Now she needs a powerful stereo and an MP3 of a mega lumpy cam.

17. powrshftr

powrshftr

LMFAO!
    I spit coffee all over the keyboard when I read that one!lol!
    I did the same thing at work for a joke:plugged my iPhone into the stereo in the work truck,cranked it to 32,the pressed play on a video of my o/t Mustang idling with open headers as I rolled up to a couple guys in a welding rig.When they rolled down the window and said "What the fuck is THAT!?!?!?",I replied with a straight face:"Wanna run that piece of shit?I'll give you 3 cars and the move."
    They thought I was completely retarded.Neither one of them were car guys....lol!

Scott

18. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

Well, try.
    Fake rust is the fucking dumbest thing I've ever seen.
    I see the car being done as a weathered vintage paint job to have fun with. I commend for not doing a chalk mark retoration, lol.

19. excellent bird !!!!!!!!! cool as hell......

20. ttiverson98

ttiverson98
    from Orlando

21. wex65

wex65
    from WV

When I see something vaguely unusual and the thread starts with "what do you guys think of this..." it invariably turns into a playground fight pretty soon. The 'its great' v 'its crap' debate. Sensitivities abound.

I used to post something siding with one or the other but quickly realized the better way is to simply move on or just enjoy the ensuing banter... my skin is certainly thicker having weathered HAMB for a bit.

Now, where IS that popcorn.

Oh, and the car..not my thing but if you are happy...enjoy it.

22. 28TUDOR

28TUDOR

I think it looks great! The only thing missing is tire marks on the sides. On your next one just say it's a barn find. All you will hear is how much they wish they had one!
    Tell her have fun and drive the hell out of it!

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  23. Edsel58a

Edsel58a

HAHAHAHAHA...... It's thoughts like that that can make you rich!

24. Nighthawk756

Nighthawk756

I don't have a problem with it. I can see the uniqueness and art in it. Something I would do? Probably not but I can appreciate it for what it was meant to do.

25. LAROKE

LAROKE

Okay. Your next assignment is to find a '58 Edsel Ranger and trick it out with all the sixties J.C.Whitney doo-dads you can find.

26. Edsel58a

Edsel58a

Here is the irony.... If it was stated that the car was painted in the 60's and recently found in a garage and put back on the road, 99% of the post would be "LEAVE IT AS-IS!"

Just sayin......

27. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

There's a time and a place for everything... Even faux paint jobs... and personally, I think you nailed it. I'm not a big fan of that era Bird, but really like yours.

28. shadams

shadams

Haha!

I think it is killer. I mean, the time and skill it took to make it look old is beyond anything I could do. If it was what they wanted, then he came through. The end...

29. I think the smile on her face says it all. I love it when young people do things with old cars. There should be more of that kind of thing, I hope it's contagious.

30. I think it is very cool. I had a 67 F250 last year I did sort of the same thing. It was from a small town east of Denver. I had my pinstriper guy put Kiowa Garage on the doors and age them and use a real Kiowa phone number from 1967. I also aged a few old drag race stickers from the era to make it look like a period drag car tow vehicle. Also had "have a flat, call Matt" on the back......believe it or not some guy came up and asked if I would help him out. Guess it looked pretty real.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.