Register now to get rid of these ads!

Most interesting vehicle you've seen?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AJNapierski, Aug 12, 2013.

1. AJNapierski

AJNapierski
    from G.V. CA

There seems to be a lack of original ideas in the hobby that I thought was about being original. I would have to say the most interesting vehicle I have seen would be a dodge command car I saw at a show a year ago, the only original parts on it were the cab and frame everything else was a mash up of random parts and and no one could walk past it without stopping. So, what is the most interesting vehicle you've seen?

2. Dose an English Humber 80 chassis count? Its at a car musem down here, and was made by a school group. They had cut parts of housings out, so you could see the internal workings. We have all seen engines done like this, but this was also done to gearbox and diff. More interesting than some of the rare old cars ive seen.

3. The37Kid

The37Kid

Do HAMB Builds count? If so anything Bass builds. Bob

4. Torque-Tube

Torque-Tube

I could look at this thing all day. It won the 1908 New York to Paris race.

Attached Files:

5. classic gary

classic gary

A STOCK '33 Willys

6. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Could be interesting. Gotta say though...you can't get too "original" or you lose the historical frame of reference...especially when talking about the type of cars that the Hamb embraces. But that's what I love about 'em...that they're time machines...expressions of automotive historical significance. Hot rods and customs from days gone by. So they're bound to be similar. Still...every single one of 'em seems to have a little of its own twist or variation. This is especially true with early-style hot rods, and even more true with the hoodless and fenderless rods. Because of the exposed drivetrain and chassis, the slightest variation will render a car with unique personality. A single inch of difference in the position of the radiator, headlights, engine, the slant and height of the windshield, different colors, textures, types of components used, etc. will make a difference. Overall though, I personally don't care for anything that's too awfully "different". I've said it before. If I went to to a car show or a cruise, and every single car there was a black Ford roadster or coupe, I'd be in heaven...lol.

Good premise though. And granted, the customs could and do get pretty wild sometimes. But "interesting" wouldn't necessarily have to be weird. In fact, they could be quite sedate-looking. Take for instance this Olds coupe. It's totally stock-looking. But it's got a supercharged V8 and stout drivetrain. It's undeniably unique.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  7. Although I haven't seen it in person, I think METALSHAPES A roadster is something I could look over for hours, very cool, innovative build

8. rld14

rld14

Ian Berky's Cadillac.

9. It is interesting enough that it warrents a road trip my friend.

As for most intertesting and innovative, there is nothing that any of us can do that hasn't already been done. We can tweek and tune and it will still just be something tha someone else has already done only with our own special twist.

In the '80s there was a Lambo powered T bucket in the SF Bay area, it was diffeerent as far as drive train is concerned and it was a very interesting car to look at. I wish I had a pic for you but I don't so by our rules it never existed.

10. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

For all intents and purposes a fully restored 3 window coupe. 900hp Shafiroff BBC engine

Attached Files:

11. hallrods

hallrods

Doyle's Deuce!

12. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Whoa Nellie! Wow.

C'mon guys...show a pic or two and tell why the car you've mentioned is unique.

13. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

14. 63comet

63comet

No pictures, but a twenties Rolls I had the chance to work on. The attention to detail was amazing. I could stare at the cast aluminum firewall for hours.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

15. A Boner

A Boner

Strict traditional hot rods are almost like restorations, or clones. Original ideas can't stray too far, if it wasn't done that way in the target era, it won't look right.

16. Sarcasm at its best! Thank you made my day.

17. Larry W

Larry W
    from kansas

The Tucker at Speedway.

18. Here's a short list of mine;

"Bugsy's" T roadster-
    [​IMG]

Dave Carter's '29 -
    [​IMG]

Clayton's T -
    [​IMG]

and this T RPU -
    [​IMG]

19. dynaflash

dynaflash
    from South

Any pictures of that one? What is a command car?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

20. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

A command car is the open car of military vehicles, a kind of PowerWagon Phaeton if you will. Check the scene in the movie Patton when GC Scott rolls into Tunisia to greet the troops as their new commander.
    Saw one once a few years ago at Houston Swap Meet at the horse race track west of town. Late model running gear, new paint etc, and rust running out from every bracket and crevice under the car on body and frame. Nice job.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  21. pila38

pila38

That dude must by tires by the dozen. Seriously, how do you get 900 HP to hook up through 5 inch tires? It is VERY cool though.