Register now to get rid of these ads!

King of Clubs 9th anual car show and drags

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by magoozi, May 12, 2013.

1. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

2. Grezy Matt

Grezy Matt
    from Sweden

My family had a great time. Big Thank you to the Lifters CC.

Attached Files:

3. Grezy Matt

Grezy Matt
    from Sweden

Pic of the KOC street class final run. Richy got me out of the gate but that was ok considering we are in the same club. There are very few events in California that folks can run their hotrods anymore. The King of Clubs has free camping, $40 bucks to race, party all night long with burlesque girls, bands and cool vendors. Coolest event in Sol Cal... Hands Down. If you have not been, your missing out bIG...

Attached Files:

4. zibo

zibo
    from dago ca

Great show as usual!
    I'll get my pics up soon too.
    TP

5. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Sorry guys for not posting this sooner but I've been pretty busy at work.
    I want to post a formal apoligy to John Hildelbrand and one of the Cat Killers for having to disqualify them and not letting them participate in the King of Clubs finals because of the cragar star wheels they were running on their cars.
    I've been friends with John Hildelbrand for many years and last year he asked me to let him compete in the king of clubs full race category "El mas Chingon", because of his enthusiasum and my friendship with him , I accepted . John ended up wining the title last year but I ended up catching alot of slack from the other racers because he was running a later model motor and star wheels. This year I notified the track but they informed me that John pulled his engine and built a crazy high performance Y-block for the race. I aplaude his efforts, a Y-block ,on it's own is a tempermental engine and is extemly hard to modify, let alone be consistent. All day, john raced his model A in the grudge races and it was unreal to see him squezze mid-sixes out of that y-block.
    In the grudge races, everyone is wellcome to run their cars as long as they are pre-1974, but the king of club finals , cars have to be pre-1964 and most the parts on the vehicle should be pre-1974.
    In our scene,whether it's a car show or nostaglia racing , the biggest difference that separates us from modern street rods or modern race cars is our choice of wheels , and was the reason for my decision.
    The whole intent of our show is to promote drag racing to a younger generation and bring back some of the older guys too, Drag racesing is a dieing sport, after the early seventies, big money got involved in drag racesing and pushed the little guy out. We want to keep it a fun event and not have a bunch of rules and regulations but I do feel it's important to keep the aperance of our cars vintage and our choice of wheels play a big part in acheiving that.
    Hopefully , John will acept my apoligy and understand my decision and will be back next year.

6. Grezy Matt

Grezy Matt
    from Sweden

A few passes caught on friends cell phone. Was having so much fun didn't get a chance to break out the video camera.

7. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Neat little video, Ya the Cat Killers where busy taking care of business "racing" with 4 of your guys ending up the finalists in the King of Clubs street class, you guys wer'ent fooling around this year.

8. Grezy Matt

Grezy Matt
    from Sweden

We would have had 5 racing but Louie's coupe ripped his bell housing early in the days test & tune. We still had a one hell of a party. When next years date is final, Let me know and I will help put the word out on our side. Thanks Miguel.

Attached Files:

9. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Thanks for your support, I'll talk to the track this week and try to get a date for next year, ya , I heard you guys had several break downs on the way up to the track, it's a long drive for you guys to the show, and thanks again , the show would'ent be the same with out you guys.

10. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Rod & Custom's coverage of this show in the January '14 issue shows an awesome '50-'52 Bel Air on page 32. Anyone have more pictures of that?